Pepper and Victor both have a rash

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
red welts and scabby looking bumps inside of legs, chest belly...and on Pepper's muzzle. A bit on the outside of the legs towards the bottom.Small bumps raised and some quite angry looking. I have washed them off, and put some lotion on it. looks like no valley or dog park for awhile. ANy guesses? Mary has been everywhere they have been but does not have it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Nope i didn't. I am sensitive to detergents so i wash everything in the same shampoo i use on my head. THank goodness sauve is on sale most of the time. I think it is something they picked up in the field. Nothing at home has changed. I hope it doesn't end up being a vet bill. When it rains it pours around here.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I know...my chance of getting that on here is about zilch right now. It's a strange rash. I am going to bathe them both tomorrow and see if that helps. No field runs until it clears up as well. Victor is always getting rashy and scratched up but Pepper has just about the nicest skin i have ever seen on a dog. It's probably something they both ran through. Just odd that nothing has ever bothered her in over a year considering they get to run just about every day. Just odd.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
IT's not itchy, more like broken skin. I don't know what it is. THey don't lick it and it doesnt' look like hives either. I dont' know what this is. I would take a pic but my computer is defunct and won't accept it and now my cd drive is down. I don't know if running through the tall grass the way the do could do this or not. Looks awful on Pepper.
Victor races through everything, and for the most part looks irrated after any run but Pepper never has before. I have never wished for winter as much as i am this year. I want frost...rid of bugs and poison ivy and grass seeds and frozen ground that's harder to dig. Then we can get back to normal exploring.

Members online

No members online now.