The dog musing/vent thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Hence why I live where I live ... I hate cold and I hate snow. Luckily down here in Deep South Texas we don't get much (if any) if either, it I didn't have to I wouldn't even go outside if it's below 50 xD

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
It's been 61 minutes! :eek:
HERE I AM!!!

She did great! I'm disgustingly out of shape, my legs feel like jello and I could barely breath after like... a mile. Which is nothing, on a bike.

B was a pro, she has a super nice trot and it didn't seem like it was much work for her at all LOL. But she enjoyed it!

I tried to go fast enough to make her break into a gallop but nope. Long legs means an awesome extended trot, apparently.

But without this:

My car on Tuesday morning....

I can deal with volcanos.....
We'd have something like this:

Or this:

I can deal with some snow. As much as I absolutely detest it, I would lose my mind if I had to shake my shoes before putting them on and something like one of those fell out.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
But without this:

We'd have something like this:

Or this:

I can deal with some snow. As much as I absolutely detest it, I would lose my mind if I had to shake my shoes before putting them on and something like one of those fell out.
ha ha ... there are three of those kind of spiders in mom's horses paddock and one on the corner of the porch xD. If its any consolation to you they aren't poisonous. I hate spiders also but if they don't make their webs where I have to walk, I leave them be. We also have tarantulas here and in the summer time and we have found a couple in the house, and yes, we also have to shake our shoes out as well because of scorpions, as well as check our bath mats and shower curtains xD. It's not strange in the summer to kill at least five scorpions a night in the house LOL.

And snakes ... don't even get me started about snakes LOL ... but still I would take all those over frigid temps and having to dig my car out every morning before I wanted to go somewhere.

DJEtzel

HERE I AM!!!

She did great! I'm disgustingly out of shape, my legs feel like jello and I could barely breath after like... a mile. Which is nothing, on a bike.

B was a pro, she has a super nice trot and it didn't seem like it was much work for her at all LOL. But she enjoyed it!

I tried to go fast enough to make her break into a gallop but nope. Long legs means an awesome extended trot, apparently.
Haha glad to hear that you're alive!

I'm ridiculously out of shape on a bike currently, too. No judgement there. XD

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I TOTALLY understand why gsp are rehomed when they hit the teenage 18 months stage!!! Oh Frederick you demanding little twerp!! If we didn't love you so much you'd be off to the orphanage!!

He's 16 months and a full blown spoilt brat :D

I WANT MY TEA NOWWWWW!! FEED ME FRIENDBEAST!!! I demand to be played with NOWWW!!!! ENTERTAIN ME HOOOMAN!!!!! NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

I've never had to give a dog so many time outs lol.

We've had to stop feeding him at a regular time, because he has an internal clock like no other and goes loopy at tea time.

All fun and games!!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Working on confidence building with OtherSchnauzer. Also going up/down stairs and that getting on furniture is okay.

I'VE CREATED A MONSTER. I need to get her little steps to get up on the bed, even for her I don't think she could get up unless she got a running jump AND took a flying leap. :rofl1:

While we were getting ready for our run, with Maisy hooked to the trunk latch and Squash still in the car, a woman walking by with her dog on leash politely asked if her dog could meet Maisy. When I said "Sorry, she's not always nice to other dogs," she calmly and non-judgmentally said "Ok!" and kept walking like it was no big deal at all.

Christ, what is this world coming to.

Tomorrow I have my first Disc class I'll be teaching! I had the workshop two weeks ago (10 dogs showed up for it!) and it went really really well.

I'm really excited for tomorrow. I discovered during the workshop that I seriously enjoy teaching people so I'm really looking forward to this class.

We also have a full class, we didn't want more than 5 people signed up because of space and time constraints and we have four paid for and will be there and one most likely will be there.

While we were getting ready for our run, with Maisy hooked to the trunk latch and Squash still in the car, a woman walking by with her dog on leash politely asked if her dog could meet Maisy. When I said "Sorry, she's not always nice to other dogs," she calmly and non-judgmentally said "Ok!" and kept walking like it was no big deal at all.

Did you give the women a click/treat?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So I took this afternoon off to take the dogs for a walk for an hour or two. Only I took benadryl beforehand and yep.... lied down and didn't wake up until now. And now I have to leave for the horse show. I feel like a lousy owner since they'll be locked up the rest of the day.... but we got a good cuddle!

Tomorrow I have my first Disc class I'll be teaching! I had the workshop two weeks ago (10 dogs showed up for it!) and it went really really well.

I'm really excited for tomorrow. I discovered during the workshop that I seriously enjoy teaching people so I'm really looking forward to this class.

We also have a full class, we didn't want more than 5 people signed up because of space and time constraints and we have four paid for and will be there and one most likely will be there.
Good luck!

Did you give the women a click/treat?
I was stunned into near inaction, but hopefully gracious appreciation is a high value reward for her.

SaraB

What the frick. Has hell frozen over?

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
While this isn't completely dog-related, I think its place is here.
I was watching a weekly animal program that just started, which I really like, and they started showing videos of dogs and their owners doing sports.
And one of them was kikopup's.
I could hardly believe it, but yes, her video appeared there.
How big are the chances that the only youtube dog trainer I kind of follow's videos are shown on a programme like this? Considering some of her tricks, pretty big.
I know this is a nosense, but I just had to share ^^

Members online

No members online now.