Doggy Daycare question

SpringerLover

The daycare I worked at accepted all walk ins. I left my dogs there once while I wasn't working because it was necessary.

I will continue to use the daycare I found for Bailey because they seem to be genuinely good. It helps that a good friend worked there previously and still recommended it.

Our daycare takes almost all drop ins. However, we have a very steady customer base, and have a really good idea of who will be coming on an average day. Brand new customers, unless the dog is to be kept seperate, must make reservations.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Our daycare takes almost all drop ins. However, we have a very steady customer base, and have a really good idea of who will be coming on an average day. Brand new customers, unless the dog is to be kept seperate, must make reservations.
That's how it works at our place too.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I would feel like a really big jerk if I just showed up at the daycare with Juno, unannounced. That's just rude? I'm not sure how they would handle it... probably wouldn't turn me away, I'd imagine.

We do boarding at the clinic I work at and normally we get busier during the summer, but so far it's still slow. Kind of odd. This weekend the only boarders we have are staff pets - 2 cats, no dogs. I'm fine with that since it's my weekend to work lol.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Our daycare takes walk-ins no problem. We actually don't require reservations for daycare. Boarding we also take walk-ins unless it's a holiday and we're already booked. The owners would probably have a fit if we turned anyone away for daycare OR boarding. I absolutely HATE unscheduled boarders. HATE IT. Or when they drop off for boarding at 6:45pm (we close at 7) and "oh btw, s/he needs dinner too" ARGH AS#HOLES.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I would feel like a really big jerk if I just showed up at the daycare with Juno, unannounced. That's just rude? I'm not sure how they would handle it... probably wouldn't turn me away, I'd imagine.

We do boarding at the clinic I work at and normally we get busier during the summer, but so far it's still slow. Kind of odd. This weekend the only boarders we have are staff pets - 2 cats, no dogs. I'm fine with that since it's my weekend to work lol.
Yah, I couldn't imagine showing up without reservations unless there was a sudden emergency, but I'd likely call ahead first

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Gosh, lucky. LOL We're going to have 30 dogs today and 40 tomorrow. Plus at least two cats and six messy, insane kittens (we adopt them out for a local rescue). We have two people on staff, but it still sucks.

Last weekend I was about ready to beat the receptionists over the head, though. We had around 40 dogs and they were still taking walk ins. And not just any walk ins, but BIG dogs. And we had absolutely NO cages left for big dogs. None. Every single kennel, large grooming cage, and large vet section cage was full. And yet they let five big dogs walk in the door for boarding without turning them away. GAH. So we had to play musical doggies and move some of the smaller dogs scheduled for a large cage into smaller cages, which is completely unfair for the dog and the owner, as they made reservations for a big cage. Yes, it was only for a day (as we had 20 dogs leave the next day), but COME ON.

Members online