CL you torture me so

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Saw this on CL today. WANT. Wantwantwant.

A great beautiful Italian Mastiff is looking for home

Vader is 5 years old, neutered, and approx 130lbs. He is loving, playful, silly and at times makes you laugh a lot. He has been a wonderful member of the family for all these years. He is full of energy, likes to run and goof around. Very protective and will be a great guard for your house. Loves kids and is very sweet towards them, but remember he is a big dog and should be supervised around small children all the time; just like any dog should be. Vader has been around other dogs all his life, but only female dogs, he is also great with playing with small dogs and will let them do whatever they want: chew on his ears, pull on his skin etc. Loves being petted, resting his head in your hand and will gladly give you a kiss if you let him. Can walk or run along with you and can go for a long distance without quickly getting tired (if you feel like exercising with him).
As with any large powerful dog, Vader needs constant and consistent training. He is trained with both verbal and hand signals.
You may be asking why I am trying to find Vader a new home. In all honesty I do not want to. My Ex-Wife no longer wanted him and was going to take him to the pound where I was sure he would be put down. I was hoping to be able to wait and take him when I was able to be in a place where I had a yard where I could play with him; unfortunately I live in a townhouse, where I thought I would be able to still provide him a good home. I have found that I just do not have enough of a yard nor the time to be able to ensure he gets enough activity. Vader deserves a home where he can get plenty of exercise and activity. He loves to chase balls and bones all over the place; with a decent size yard he would be much happier.

Lolas Dad

Seeing as how he does not have the time for the dog, the dog would be better off with a new owner. Another poor excuse for giving up a dog, Not enough of a yard. Those are the type of people that just let the dog out in the back and never take him for a walk figuring that they get enough exercise on their own.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
some dogs cannot get enough excersize with a walk alone...and not everywhere has offleash parks ect...

hes stunning, sounds like an awesome pet.

ACooper

Oh he is STUNNING.........I wish they had included more pics to ogle, LOL, that wouldn't have helped you too much though sweet :D

Amanda885

he seems like a great dog. too bad some people get dogs and cant care for them properly.

my parents and i adopted a doberman when i was younger from this college girl who kept him locked up for entire days because she was never home. horrible. he even started biting his leg since he was locked up for so long. took him 2 years to drop that habit, poor guy.

i hope someone adopts this doggie!

Miakoda

This isn't someone that got a puppy and then tried dumping it a year later.

Sometimes life doesn't go the way you planned it or dreamed for it to go. Things happen. Things change. It's sad, but some of those times it means that a beloved family pet is not getting enough attention and/or exercise and sometimes people just honestly cannot afford the quality of care they know the pet needs and deserves. I have to tip my hat to these owners that acknowledge their shortcomings and do what they can to place the dog in a better home/environment that is better suited to meeting the dog's needs and wants.

I know we all see the typical owner dumps and "surrenders". But don't let the majority of what one sees ruin the minority of the owners who are doing what they are doing out of love for the dog. It's not easy letting go of a beloved family pet one has owned for years. Often times it comes with great heartache and a lot of second-guessing. But these owners need encouragement and help with finding resources to help them in the rehoming of their pet.

Members online

No members online now.