I have a fila pointer?

filarotten

Fila the love
Yesterday evening my husband and I were talking in his shop. We noticed Brutus wasn't standing by us so my husband went outside and suddenly I here my husband shouting Brutus is pointing, Brutus is pointing. Come look. I go outside and there is Brutus holding the prettiest point on a rabbit. Of course my husband was all grins and I am sure he saw visions of hunting stories in his head. The man was so proud. Well Brutus didn't hold the point but for a few minutes, because he had to do the infamous Brutus stalk towards the rabbit. Of course rabbits are very quick and was not going be rabbit kibble for Brutus so he got away thru the fence. Then this morning I let him out while I grabbed a cup of coffee. I heard him barking. Brutus has never barked unless he was playing . I grabbed my coffee and went outside.
There was Brutus being our big watch puppy. The neighbors horse had broken thru the fence and was standing in our yard. I was so proud of Brutus he was very calm, but was in his stalk position, and was doing a deep bark. He is getting to be such a big boy. I think I have a good fila in the making.

Don't you love that stalk? It always reminds me of the way a cat stalks. Kharma even does the little butt wiggle just like a hunting cat just before she pounces or charges. Don't be surprised if Brutus does have a rabbit dinner one day before too long! These dogs are much quicker than you'd believe, especially considering their size. It's not unusual for mine to have a "fast food" snack ;)

Brutus is shaping up beautifully! And think about it . . . how much bigger is that horse than Brutus? And Brutus is still a baby yet. That's pure Fila.

filarotten

Fila the love
He is getting huge. I am such a proud mom. I will have to get his picture on here. I didn't realize they would point. The ultimate dog, as my husband was telling one of his friends the other day. And now he is becoming a watch dog. Rabbit snack. Oh yuk. Hopefully this will be in the future when he can hang out in the yard by himself. Because I am not staying with him to watch. Poor, Poor Rabbit. Now, if I can just get him to quite practicing his kill skills on Mckinley's toys.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ahh shoot i got all excited to see that cross..hehehe glad you got a pointer!

filarotten

Fila the love
Yep, he loves those in between meal snacks. lol So far, I have identified rabbit, mole, and mouse on the fast food menu.( from a distance) He is trying hard to add squirrel to his snack menu, but they have managed to find safety in the trees. I'm sure one will slip up one day...He is doing his best to climb the trees to get them.
Brutus has become quite the sushi-connoisseur when the pond is low. I was rather surprised to see him carry fish out of the pond. At least the fast food is killed before eaten. The poor fish is wiggling while he munches on it... Ewww, shudder.
At least I know he is getting plenty of omegas in his diet.:D

RD

Are you dead yet?
What is the heritage of the Fila? I know there has to be some bloodhound-type dog in them, but what about hunting/pointing type dogs to give them that "stalk"? Border Collies have setter, pointer and spaniel influence to give them that eye, stalk and freeze, but I can't really see that in Filas.

Doberluv

At least I know he is getting plenty of omegas in his diet.
LOL!!! That was good. Tee hee hee.

That sounds like he's really getting set up to go hunting with his "Dad." Cute. Wish you had a picture of that. Of course, when are cameras ever handy when you want one?

filarotten

Fila the love
I don't think we have ground hogs here,(one animal spared) but we do have the occassional skunk, possum and raccoon that crosses through the yard. I am dreading that day. I know they can inflict some nasty bites, not to mention the smell a skunk can leave behind.:eek: I will have to be the one that gives the tomato juice bath. gags :rolleyes:

RD: The Fila heritage, maybe this will help explain it,http://www.moloss.com/001/breed/def/f001/

Doverluv, I rarely have the camera near me for those kodak moments. The pond is out of it's banks right now, so Brutie's fishing trips have ended for the time being. Sushi is out of season at our house. lol

Members online

No members online now.