Bones and Whining

alisjens

Hi! I am new. My dog Kiko has started a new thing lately. He has been hiding his bones. He didn't do this for the first year or so of his life. Now he is always hiding whatever I give him to chew on! And not only that but he starts walking around the house with the bone in his mouth - whining like he's in pain! Is he frustrated because he cannot find a place to hide it? Exactly why is he hiding it rather than chewing on it like he used to? Thanks for your input!

Also...I run a little rescue on a rural Hawaiian island with no permanent vet or shelter and I am trying to raise money to help with spay/neuter, general veterinary care, and rehoming. If you'd like to help, please vote for Kiko here!

Check my website out here!

I'm sure someone will have some insights as to why dogs do the hide the bone thing...haha...I don't! But my puppy does it with certain bones sometimes. If her bullystick gets short sometimes she will carry it around and look for a hiding place for it and she does get a little anxious about it. Once she finds a spot, she will sometimes also go back get it shortly after and find a new hiding place for it. It's kind of like she is "hoarding" it for future chewing. It's nothing to worry about, though.

Pam

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
do you ever tease her by saying I know where you put it..and then walk in that direction? hehe made my little dog when i was growing up crazy..she would fuss and bother then hide it all over again.

Heheh . . . when Kharma hides things, NO ONE finds them until she's ready to get them out again. I think she has an interdimensional doorway, probably goes to the place where all the odd socks go . . .

Members online

No members online now.