PitX in Rescue needs help!- Urgently! (MI)

Tazwell

My good buddy Levi has been through so much... He's such a sweet guy! He's never had a stable home, has been to 4+ different homes, and has been rejected by all. I've transported him from the vet to our adoption fairs since June, and I just love him.

Now, our rescue needs help-- Levi has nowhere to go. His latest family is surrendering him to us, because they "didn't know he was a Pit bull." Although it's on all of his paper work, and I personally explained everything about him to them. Whatever. (I can give more detailed info on his history, upon request.)

We have no available foster homes, and we won't, until my current foster gets adopted. I'm their only large dog foster home. He's normally boarded at a vet, but we've been kicked out of that place. This poor dog NEEDS a foster home! Or Forever home!

He's Lovable, and does some mouthing (softly, he never hurts anybody.) He can get hyped up sometimes, but he's very obedient and aims to please. All of his 'issues' stem from simply never being in a responsible home, or a stable home. He has not been in any good home situations yet.

He's about 1.5 to 2 years old, and he weighs 46 lbs. He seems to think he's a dominant kind of dog, but not problematically. His friendliness with other dogs is not clear-- sometimes yes, sometimes no. He seems not to mind smaller dogs especially. I believe it's because he wants to be dominant, but I haven't seen enough interaction to be sure. He doesn't really act Pit at all, but I'm not all that experienced with the breed.

Everybody who meets him, loves him.

If anybody can help Levi, or point me in some general direction, I'd be very grateful! He has virtually nowhere to go, and this is urgent-- the people who have him now don't want to keep him any longer. They're being cooperative, but I'm afraid for him.

If anybody can help, I'm willing to transport VERY far. We're located in Southeast Michigan.

Tazwell

Well, if anybody's still reading, or cares, I have an update.

Levi's owners brought him to the store tonight, and said "We can't hold him any longer. Take him now." But in a polite way...

So we called the vet that we would be boarding with, and they say "Sorry, we're booked for the holidays!"

So Guess who had to bring Levi home tonight? ME! Under normal circumstances, this is a good thing. Now, it's NOT. I can't handle another foster dog that needs a lot of training and socialization right now, I just don't have the time. He won't be able to get out as much as he should, because he can't socialize with my other foster. Or at least I don't think. But it's better than being "locked up" 24/7 at the boarding kennel, anyway.

So, my plead for help is still very much valid, if not intensified! I NEED someplace for this dog to go :(

Melissa_W

I'm sorry. I really wish I knew someone that could help.

Maybe you could post on some pit bull forums to see if anyone knows anyone that could help?

Members online

No members online now.