is my dog overweight?

cavkingcharlesx3

wannabe raw feeder
hey!
my dog is a almost 2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. he is very big boned, not your typical cavvy. he weighs 26 pounds and the average cav. weight is 18 -20 pounds... is he too heavy? he eats about 1 1/4 cup everyday of Nutro Natural Choice Ultra and gets two 10-15 walks a day. any more advice? should the vet check him out? is he even overweight?

thanks for all your help.

is there anyone else here who has cavaliers?

ps - how do i post pictures here? so i can show you guys a picture of him so you get a better idea of what i'm talking about.

ps - how do i post pictures here? so i can show you guys a picture of him so you get a better idea of what i'm talking about.
First you have to upload a picture to a site like www.photobucket.com. Once you have uploaded a photo, there will be three boxes, one of which will have the image (IMG) code. Copy that, and paste it into your post.

Can you see a waist line? When you pet him, with a little pressure, can you feel his ribs?

Doberluv

You should be able to feel the dog's ribs when you run your hands along his sides with just a little pressure, not much. But you shouldn't see them sticking out. If he's too fat, you won't feel his ribs easily. Look online. There should be a chart with pictures somewhere to show the proper condition of a dog with comparison pictures of too fat and too skinny.

Members online

No members online now.