Help with Schnoodle

We just adopted a rescue Schnoodle. She doesn't have papers (hence the rescue) but we have been told she has good lines etc... I need some help with specifics/recommendation on grooming equipment to buy for her. I have some experience with grooming (used to groom our Golden for show) but I need to buy clippers, blades scissors etc...

She has fine hair that is thinner/wavy/fine on her back and sides and thicker and tightly curly (but still soft) on her legs. The hair on her head and ears is wavy with some body but still soft. I had her groomed by a master groomer yesterday just to get lines to follow. I think I can handle her routine grooming with the right tools.

Her fur is now about 1-1 1/2" when pulled straight. During the winter I can see having it a little longer. Can anyone recommend a brand of clipper and blade sizes for my situation. I've heard that finer fur is tougher to groom (ironic). I would like to keep my total bill for the clippers and blades at around $150 or less if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
Keep in mind a schnoodle doesn't have a standard haircut. Most of them I do in my job are put into a normal short mini schnauzer clip not a generic all over moderate length clip.

Based on the picture I'd just get a good clipper with a set of combs and a straight shear. Any of the andis pro series will do the job. You can cut your costs further by shopping for new clippers on ebay.

We just adopted a rescue Schnoodle. She doesn't have papers (hence the rescue) but we have been told she has good lines etc...
Her fur is now about 1-1 1/2" when pulled straight. During the winter I can see having it a little longer. Can anyone recommend a brand of clipper and blade sizes for my situation. I've heard that finer fur is tougher to groom (ironic). I would like to keep my total bill for the clippers and blades at around $150 or less if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
You would never have papers on a "schnoodle" as its a mix breed, not a papered breed.

Hoinestly if you are looking to only spend 150 and less on all tools. Dont bother. go to a groomers. a good pair of clippers alone will run you around 150, blades alone are around 40 bucks a piece (and you would need atleast a #10, #30 and a #4 id say for the look you are going for)

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
You can get a nice set of clippers on ebay for under $100 and you can get a nice set of metal combs under $20. A decent straight shear for under $20. This can be done. One dog every 6-8 weeks doesn't need different blade lengths for a decent home groom.

as far as papered schnoodles *shrugs* who am I to **** on his corn flakes ?

Members online

No members online now.