The harnesses have been ordered ..

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
and now I just need a cart! I'm going to try to engineer something out of a garden cart that I can use for weight pull training for Smidgen and standard carting with Dora, that way I won't have to buy two carts for two separate activities.

I'll post pics once the harnesses arrive, then later once I get my cart!

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Well, the carting harness is here, but the weight pull harness got held up. Then finding the cart wasn't working out, and I didn't really want to buy the conversion kit so I had to get creative.

I was lucky to run across a sales at the hardware store today - garden wagons for $49.99!! The cheapest I've been able to find was $70 so this was great, plus I found pics where someone had built the traces out of PVC and it didn't seem too hard. After about 2 hrs - 45 minutes putting the cart itself together, then the rest measuring, cutting and gluing PVC, I have my dog cart!! I have to wait for the glue to dry before I can test it out, but I was able to hook it up long enough to verify the sizing was right. (Dora thinks I've lost my mind!) I've made a change over part for the neck of the cart where I can hook a ring and heavy test chain that I can hook up to Smidgen's weight pull harness (when it gets here :( ), so the cart can be used for both dogs. Yeah!!! I'm so glad I'm cheap and impatient ... I think my homemade PVC traces look pretty cool.

Stay tuned for pics ...

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Here they are ... of course, my PVC glue didn't hold and it promptly fell apart when they started pulling, so more glue and maybe video later in the week ...

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
NICE!!
I found some wheels at the hardware store the other day... now I just need material and other parts to build one.

Members online

No members online now.