Dog killed by trap starts debate in NY

jess2416

Who woulda thought
OMG.. that is awful. I cant imagine what is must have be like for her. Hopefully something good will come out of this horrific tragidy (sp)

adamwehn

Learning Puppy Wrangler
I agree that it's tragic, no such traps should be allowed in such public places. Now out where I am I could understand there being traps in the woods and such, but not in parks.

F

fastpitchchic

Thats so scary. I couldn't imagine looking into my dogs eyes as they were dying like that...hopefully something good will come of it, so no other pet wanders into a trap like that.

That's awful. That's one nice thing about living in old suburbs, you don't get hunters or trapping in your parks. I do take my dog out to the countryside for a change of pace, so I'll remember that. My dog never gets offleash, though, so hopefully I'll be spot anything like that before she's hurt.

Saje

Island dweller
There would have been a bigger stink if that was a kid!

bubbatd

So horrible !!! We lived with a creek that ran through our property and and open field next to us. Many traps were set and I always worried about the kids and the dogs. We would set off as many traps as possible, but one day the kids were playing in the field and one of our females got her paw caught. I had told the kids if there were any problems, for one of them to comfort the dog and have them not struggle , which one ran for help. I grabbed some cutters and a strip of cloth to muzzle if need be. Luckily there was no harm done to the dog, with one holding the paw, and one holding the trap I was able to open it. Only me, I cut my head on barbed wire rushing to the scene .... tetnus shot time. I hate traps !!! We saw so many 3 legged raccoons , possums and badgers who had chewed their leg off.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Too bad there is little chance of findin who set the trap.

They should be drawn and quartered. LOL

Brattina88

I'm glad the only traps around here and the campground are the live ones
It seems barbed wire is more effective on people then anything, huh grammy? I've never had to have surgery or stiches, the only scar on my body is on my arm from barbed wire... tetnus shots hurt too :p

yoko

i've always been horrified seeing regular animals get caught in those, its sucha horrible situation i have no idea how i'd handle it if it was my dog!

Members online