Gus learns his ABC's

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well as some of you will know, Gustav has to be the smartest dog alive (well I think so at least ;) ) And as he has already perfected all the usual doggie tricks, learned to say "Hello" (he actually says Hello, not just a bark, there is the change in tone and everything, People actually respond to him when he does it!) I have started to teach him the Alphabet! So far we have got to G, he can actually differentiate between the letters. What a clever boy he is! He'll be reading before you know it! lol! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
neeedddddd to see a video of Gus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Slight technical hitch with that one! Don't own a video camera! :( :(

Wish you could all see his antics though, he is pretty hilarious at times! :D

Wow the alphabet? Impressive to say the least. Get gus through the rest of the alphabet and youre gonna have to have a library.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
Careful, Louie! Teach him too much and you won't be able to sneak things past him by spelling them out in front of him, lol!
Too late, code is used regularly in this house! For example, he LOVES cheese, so you obviously can't say that word, or spell it, or think it! So cheese went from it's raw state to "Fermented Milk products" which he then learnt far too quickly so now for the hard yellow stuff that resides in the fridge and comes from cows, we have to call it "FMP" not sure how long it will be before he works that one out but it's been a little while so far! lol! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
darn find somebody with a digital camera like Kelly's that takes one of those one minute or so videos..you just gotta get that on film!!!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
smkie said:
darn find somebody with a digital camera like Kelly's that takes one of those one minute or so videos..you just gotta get that on film!!!!
Digital camera?, round here?! lol!! Here the wheel is still a relativley new invention! And fire! Now that's really something! ;) lol! :D
My neighbour has had his DVD player for 2 years and although I have set it up and everything for him, he still can't work out how to switch it on!!! :eek:

how brilliant! :D I am trying to teach Coco to say "mama" so you could imagine how interested I was in your post. I'm wondering, how do you teach Gus all that stuff?

Saje

Island dweller
Ahhhhh louie. You and gus are one of a kind. So after you get to Z what is your next challenge? Fishing?

Last edited:

Debi

hey..I know people that aren't that smart!! LOL does Gus do any housework?? I think I love him. :)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Saje said:
Ahhhhh louie. You and gus are one of a kind. So after you get to Z what is your next challenge? Fishing?
Dunno really! lol! He can count already so that's out. Think I may have a go at teaching him to drive! Only kidding! Or am I?! lol!

I've taken the dancing/hip wiggling to hound dog a stage further, and now he puts a spin in every now and then for good measure, Not an easy feat for a big lad!! :D

Thanks Grammy, i've missed you all too!! :D

Members online

No members online now.