The musing thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, I did it. I turned it down. Booooo. I know I made the right decision though.

OTOH my interview at the other place is next Friday, the person I've been corresponding with seems super nice, it has the thumbs up from my BIL who is also in graphic design... I really hope it pans out. I'm legitimately excited about that as a potential new job. The other one I was just kind of meh about the whole time.

GipsyQueen

So I had to call the company where I ordered my Secret Santa stuff for the 100th time today, because they FORGOT something. They just FORGOT. and the then I got and email telling my, I hadn't paid for it yes. Yes, I did actually. Now send it over night express thank you.
Why is this not a vent?

Because while the lady was looking at my order, what do I hear in the background?

"Oh my god, theres sloth!!" lol what?

noludoru

Bored Now.
When a national celebrity call me asking about a car they test drove, I am the only person on the face of the planet who would take 30 seconds to remember who I'm talking to. :eek: "Hi Stefanie, it's So, how are you doing?" "Who. . .?" It's So-and-So. . .?" "OH YES HI. How's your morning going!?"

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
This thread was all the way on the second page! How awful. Drudging it up to remind myself I am a terrible sleeper& also ..why is my mind racing with thoughts? I am not a person who EVER had a racing mind. I would say, actually, I'm the least anxious person I know.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Now I'm musing on who Saurus' celebrity is...
No one I particularly care about, although he was perfectly pleasant to deal with. And he was pretty disappointed when I told him I wasn't working there anymore. It was just SO embarrassing when he came in to drive a car - after the test drive, my manager came out and ASKED TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH HIM. Not "oh, hey, how did you like the Q5," but "CAN I GET A PICTURE WITH YOU!?"

You know when you're a kid and your parents did awful, embarrassing stuff to you in front of all the other kids? That's what it felt like. I wanted to melt where I was standing.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I just put on Maniac off of Netflix, Why did I do that?? Because of Elijah Wood. But OMG its so graphic and just insane, but I guess it is about the mind of a serial killer who has serious mommy issues. Be prepared for a post tomorrow in the venting thread about me having nightmares tonight.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We are having friends over for Christmas Eve and I'm just putting together the menu. Despite my complete lack of interest in children, and not wanting to spend time at larger family functions, I have found that I love planning meals for groups of my friends.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Decided to re-open my OkCupid profile just to see what happened. So I'm re-writing it. And where it talks about what books I like I was writing that I am trying to get into Nick Hornby.

And I typed "Horney" instead.

SOMEBODY FIND ME A HUSBAND QUICKLY PLEASE. NOW. TODAY.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I re-activated my OkCupid profile just to see what would happen... I've pretty much talked to every worthwhile guy on Match.com at this point and am just sitting around waiting for somebody new to show up... so I thought I'd see what might happen.

FLOOD OF E-MAILS
HOLY BALLS
stop messaging me
STOP MESSAGING ME
oh this guy is asking me a dog training question. Why yes sir, I will give you training advice for your cavalier puppy!!
THE REST OF YOU STOP GOOD LORD

crazedACD

I re-activated my OkCupid profile just to see what would happen... I've pretty much talked to every worthwhile guy on Match.com at this point and am just sitting around waiting for somebody new to show up... so I thought I'd see what might happen.

FLOOD OF E-MAILS
HOLY BALLS
stop messaging me
STOP MESSAGING ME
oh this guy is asking me a dog training question. Why yes sir, I will give you training advice for your cavalier puppy!!
THE REST OF YOU STOP GOOD LORD
I was bored tonight and reactivated mine and was looking through people. Holy train wrecks people. Dude was like "My credit score is 784". Really. REALLY.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I was bored tonight and reactivated mine and was looking through people. Holy train wrecks people. Dude was like "My credit score is 784". Really. REALLY.
Ahahahah OMG. I really don't know what people are thinking when they fill out their profiles.
Why OkCupid... why.

This morning at work we were talking about exes and what we would tell our past selves if we had our current experiences. I said I would tell myself "Look, you're going to be the crazy dog lady. Just don't date. It's fine. Don't."
Apparently our friend who is a vet just said the same thing this past weekend.
Maybe she and I should date each other.
Except I'm pretty sure neither of us like women.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Ahahahah OMG. I really don't know what people are thinking when they fill out their profiles.
Why OkCupid... why.

This morning at work we were talking about exes and what we would tell our past selves if we had our current experiences. I said I would tell myself "Look, you're going to be the crazy dog lady. Just don't date. It's fine. Don't."
Apparently our friend who is a vet just said the same thing this past weekend.
Maybe she and I should date each other.
Except I'm pretty sure neither of us like women.
Like I just found out, the sex will suck if you're just not into someone that much.

One of you should turn into a handsome dude. :p

Saeleofu

Members online

No members online now.