need help

Sonya

My dog got out of the yard the other day, and when i finally caught her she some pretty bad cuts and scraps that were real deep on her legs she wouldn't even stand up. I have had her inside for the last few days to keep her wounds clean and watched. They are healing but she isn't getting around much or eating much just drinks a lot of water. Then this morning i noticed her abdobmen looked larger then usual its really hard and lumpy but doesn't seem to bother her when i touch her. Any info on what this may be would be much appreciated.

Debi

I'd get your dog to the vet A.S.A.P! If she was that badly injured, maybe there are internal injuries as well. I'd also want those cuts looked at.

ABSOLUTELY! It does sound like she's got some internal injuries. Those can be fatal. You don't say how large she is, but it almost sounds as if she had been hit by a car.

Sonya

She is a Golden Retriever and weighs about 50 lbs. I had went on this morning and called the vet she goes in in a little while. Even though the cuts on her back legs have about healed i was still worried about her stomache and the fact she wouldn't get around cause she is normally very energetic. thanks for the replies.

Sonya

sorry didn't reply sooner computer has been down. Took her to vet the other day she said since it came up right after the cuts it was probaly a small cut or scrape on her stomache that we couldn't see cause she didn't find one either. She said that area is prone to infection very easily and its hard to get antibiotic to that area of her stomache so she pput her on 2 weeks antibiotics updated her rabies shot and as far as the cuts she said they were healing very well to keep treating them the way i was. After looking closely at the cuts it looks like she either tried to get threw a fence or underpinning. She is feeling much better back to her very energetic self and the lump has went down a little. She is almost 3 years old and has more energy then some puppies i have seen lol i sometimes have a hard time keeping up with her especially at the parks. Thanks for everyones replies and concerns.

Members online

No members online now.