I Knew Better *face/palm*

I knew better.

I did I did I did . . .

But NOOOOOOooooooo. I had to go and call her "Tallulah," after Tallulah Bankhead.

So now, predictably, she is doing an admirable job of living up to her namesake . . . every night it's drama.

Something moves outside.

The head comes up.

The ears fly up.

She launches herself up out of the pillows, growling and barking . . . right over my head.

She vaults off of the bed and runs from window to window, barking and growling, then finally prances back to bed and makes an elaborate ordeal of resettling herself in the pillows.

Right over my head.

You've already heard about the chewing on the scenery business . . . :eek:

I'm going to be glad when she's through this phase. So are Bimmer and Kharma. They barely even twitch an ear when she does it now, lol.

Silly little sh1t.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Renee, she may never outgrow this. CJ was a character all her life, and now Peanut is filling her shoes.

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
I learned the hard way of naming a dog after a character or a verb. I had a dog edge of the sword- call name slice.. I swear that dog cut herself all the time. Zubin is named after Zubin Metha and just as gregarious and flamboyant.. lol.. Logan is from " pride of my ancestors" ( Irish name) but hubby keeps using Logan like the wolverine and sure enough- full moon he takes off.. :rofl1:

Normally I'me very, very careful with Naming (Kharma, Bimmer - and his took me FOREVER to find; Kharma's, on the other hand, I knew before she was even born - for example) and find the name that belongs to them but won't bite me in the ass later on.

Every now and then, though, the right name is one I know is gonna haunt me, but when it's the right Name, what are ya gonna do? :eek:

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
Femka- being a rescue, we changed her name slightly to give her a " new look on life". Well Femka means Princess-- ohhhhhhhhhh yea.. Her other name was Fantasia in meaning- .. Well Femka has been a Princess every since- in attitude and name.. lol.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
My APBT used to greet us when we came home by going part way up the stairs so he could launch his 70+ lbs directly at our chests. He felt he could do a better job of saying hello if we were on our backs with him sitting on us.

Of course, we didn't help break him of this by rolling on the floor with him and yelling "pit bull attack! pit bull attack!" while being slobbered on.

Members online

No members online now.