Update on Maxis

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
He has really settled in. I unscrewed the seperating fences to the two kennels on either side of him so he has extra room to run and so he doesent get nervouse or panicky. He's still afraid of me so when i feed him in the morning at the far end of his pen i run in real quick and clean out his dog house. He's really eating well and seems all around a heathy guy other then the arthritus (which im guessing on) but theres no mange my eye discharge or nose discharge and his feces and urine is looking pretty normal. So in other words he's a pretty healthy guy. now its all a matter of getting him to trust me so i can get my hands on him and eventually after he tames a bit i can get him to the vet or the vet out to him.

Saje

Island dweller
Oh, he sounds like he's doing so nicely. I bet it won't take long for you to be able to handle him. Is he curious of you? Like he had people before?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
it took me a long time with big bad wolf..but you saw my pictures of him..we got to be great buds. maybe you should collect his whole story together and put it out to some no kill shelters (there can be a year or two wait and some) so if you aren't planning on keeping all the dogs that will come to you..for you are like the old woman in "the stand" i think that is the right one (stephen King's big ol book) the wise woman everyone was drawn to. Can you get any pics? i am dying to see what he looks like closer. I never pushed myself on big bad wolf, but when i ws done feeding i would turn my bucket over and rest for a few in front of his kennel. I sang songs like Scarlet Ribbons and Taste of Honey and king of the road ..(oh my the songs you remember when you take piano lessons for a decade or more) he just had a hard time not liking me after awhile.

That's so good to hear, Pits. Have you thought about slipping an enteric coated aspirin in his dinner to help relieve some of his stiffness? You never know, if his pain lessens a bit he may associate it with coming to you and ease up a bit sooner.

Members online

No members online now.