Can dogs be bipolar

neko12_48767

I love my dog Neko
I'm starting to belive Neko is because in the morning i can go by him when he is eating and he is fine. Then later that day when I feed him again he starts to growl. same with anything he does. He will be calm and then he will get hyper then will not want anyone to touch him. Can anyone explain this because I don't understand him. Our is he just very moody.

There are some dogs who have a certain health issue I believe which makes them able to be happy and nice one moment and aggressive the next.

nedim

I believe that dogs have emotions and possibly mood swings. A scared dog wimpers and hides or yelps. A happy dog wags his tail. I think its possible.

mojozen

bullie lover
nedim said:
I believe that dogs have emotions and possibly mood swings. A scared dog wimpers and hides or yelps. A happy dog wags his tail. I think its possible.
Not necessarily. An excited dog is one that wags it's tail. A dog can be excited, but it may not necessarily be happy. Dogs that are getting ready to throw down a fight wag their tails... It's rather like a nervous gesture.

Have you tried NILIF with your dog Neko?

Barb04

Super Moderator
My CJ is the same way. Mood swings!!!!! She is now 12 1/2 years old; they get a bit worse as she gets older and when her arthritis is bothering her.

Members online