Chazhound disappointment

Well I can't guarantee you'll like it better BUT I have a dog forum of my own that is moderated with compassion but zero tollerance for people who flat out harass others. (Url Edited out) you go there and you feel you're mistreated, PM me about it. My screenname is Crystal Rain Kennels.

(Moderator - We don't allow self promotion in the general forums)

I started Chazhound the same way and we still run it with a lot of compassion. But once you start getting over 1000 posts a day you will find it very difficult to even read all the post much less have 'Zero Tollerance'. Let me know when you get there and then come back and tell us about it.

Chazhound

I wasn't putting down Chazhound or nothin. I just figured she should give my forum a try 'cause I bend over backward to make good people able to feel comfortable there (I was once a very sensative person myself). And when I mentioned I don't let harassment go I was comparing myself to a forum like the one I left (we'll call it Forum X) where harassment threads get 12+ pages long and when the mods finally acknowledge them they just JOIN IN o.0 No offense, but second to my forum, Chazhound has the best environment around (and I'm counting member attitudes + admin attitudes).

Things have probably changed a bit since you were on. At least, I've noticed some things were different since I joined. I actually started enjoying being on Chazhound (bit nervous before for my own reasons). That's one good thing about dog forums. They're always changing in little ways.

Hi EveningStar,
Oh I took your comment positive. I just wanted you to understand why sometimes it seems some posts in threads aren't dealt with fast and consistantly at times.
I also encourage people to build websites and forums to become even more of a participate in the pet/dog world. So do post your forum on the Dogs and Pet Sites Forum, that is the only place besides the signature we would allow it for many reasons.

Chazhound

Chazhound is definitely the most active board I've ever seen! I like all the interaction, the good and the bad (well, not ALL the bad :rolleyes: ), to learn and expand our little dog and personal worlds :p

amymarley

ColliesCorsos said:
I was ran off from this forum by the attacks. I still check in on occasions and chuckle at the training comments. It's a one-sided, opinionated forum and I found that it wasn't worth the added stress to be here.

I believe you chose to leave, not because someone ran you off....
I am a trainer and I do give advice, but with a lot of trainers out there, not everyone is going to agree with me, or you, or "whoever." Training is not black and white, but a gray area, and there are many methods that can be used, as long as it's a postive method.

animalbiz said:
I believe you chose to leave, not because someone ran you off....
I am a trainer and I do give advice, but with a lot of trainers out there, not everyone is going to agree with me, or you, or "whoever." Training is not black and white, but a gray area, and there are many methods that can be used, as long as it's a postive method.
I agree with you here. Training isnn't always really clear all the time.

I can sort of understand. I'd been lurking here as a guest for a bit when I became aware that someone who posted at another forum I frequent was also posting here. There had been a dispute at the other forum, and it was brought over here by one of the posters (but both of the posters involved at the other forum continued it here, so no parties were innocent). When I had the audacity to step in and comment on it I got thumped pretty good, and it was really very disheartening. I didn't come back here for a very long time, and still find myself rather wary. I appreciate a community that supports it's members, but I was attacked because I was "new" (although I had been lurking as an unregistered guest) and it made me feel very unwelcome for quite some time. I come here on occasion now, but still don't feel quite comfortable, ya know?

Fuzz Puppy said:
Things have probably changed a bit since you were on. At least, I've noticed some things were different since I joined. I actually started enjoying being on Chazhound (bit nervous before for my own reasons). That's one good thing about dog forums. They're always changing in little ways.
Wow I didn't realize there are so many people like the old me (and to some extent the current me) on the internet that have an anxiety for disagreeing and downright rude comments directed toward them! We should like...ban together or something. Perhaps we can help one another. link deleted by a mod for the same reasons as last time you posted this link :confused: is my forum, consider becomming part of the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

amymarley

Training is my life, my art, my love...

As for anyone else...you can agree to disagree. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I have not always agreed here, esp. when I was "new," I had to debate, test, and disagree on different levels... I had to get to "really" know some people here. Not all embraced me, nor did I ask for that, but the ones who did, I owe a lot to. Because I was new, I did debate, argue and disagree....to the point it was fun...or a release. Not that it was right, but I had my own reasons for that....the others were because I was mad, had a bad day, drunk, etc....but I would NEVER, EVER PUT DOWN THE PEOPLE OR THERE PETS WHEN THEY WERE DOWN. Yes, debate over stupid crap, but never be absent when someone was reaching out....never!!!!
I had Boxermom, to help me through a very (still so) tough time... she did not know me from Adam.... but still reached oout, touched me, and for that she will be golden in my heart forever.
Others,,,,,disagreed with me....only to find friendship after "fighting" or in the chat room.

The chat room, I am very new to. I recommend this to everyone.... I found out that there are great (but few people go there), and everyone should check it out. I have been on here for several months and NEVER even thought about it. I have made friends, and new friends that did think "bad" about me until I posted.

Anyways...take a moment....relax, debate, and then find some really good friends, I know I did!!!

shyeow2

Shirley from Malaysia
how could it be? people here are nice and i even met few nice friends..
i felt happy when knowing whats happening the other side of the country..
dogs bring us to the forum and we share sorrow n joy over here.. keep up the good work, chazhound..!

Members online

No members online now.