Doctor Who Series 7 (yes, there will be spoilers!)

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I really really liked the ending. If one of them actually died I would have been horribly sad, but it was nice this way. And Amy was awesome. She gave up her Doctor to be with the one man she truly loved and couldn't live without, way to go!

I didn't cry, but I hardly ever cry at anything, I'm a cold hearted girl :p

Saeleofu

I'm actually mildly surprised Amy gave up the Doctor AND River for Rory. I had my doubts. No question Rory would have followed Amy, but I am glad the other way was true as well.

Saeleofu

Ok, so I rewatched part of it today (I fell asleep last night >.>). I'm thoroughly confused by the whole River breaking her wrist, getting it healed, and then getting pissed at the Doctor. Dafuq?

Also, I don't like the way River's talking. I have a feeling it's nearly time for her to go to the Library, her being a professor and all now :( Of course the Fields of Trenzalore has to come first, so...I STILL have a feeling the Doctor may regenerate at the end of series 7.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Ok, so I rewatched part of it today (I fell asleep last night >.>). I'm thoroughly confused by the whole River breaking her wrist, getting it healed, and then getting pissed at the Doctor. Dafuq?

Also, I don't like the way River's talking. I have a feeling it's nearly time for her to go to the Library, her being a professor and all now :( Of course the Fields of Trenzalore has to come first, so...I STILL have a feeling the Doctor may regenerate at the end of series 7.
Regarding the wrist scene, Moffat's planting a tiny seed for a future plot device. He's good at that. ;)

River's storyline is nearing its close, yeah. Honestly I feel it's time, in terms of doctor lines, though she's my favourite character in the new series, and one of my favourites of all time.

Saeleofu

Regarding the wrist scene, Moffat's planting a tiny seed for a future plot device. He's good at that
That's what I was guessing, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I freaking love River. She NEEDS to be in an episode with Jack before she dies. NEEDS.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
In the end I agree with you about Rory. I love him a whole lot. He's such an awesome guy. I'm glad she followed him as well, because I wasn't sure she would as well. Until the part where they both jumped off. She didn't have to do that, but when she did that, I knew if the gravestone hadn't changed she'd do whatever it took to get back to Rory. it was incredibly good, but really really sad.

Saeleofu

You would not believe how long I looked at your post trying to figure out how it got so messed up before I realized it was a spoiler hidden in white :rofl1: Oy, I need to sleep...

Saeleofu

OH.

Some of you may remember in some thread abotu supernatural things or something, I psoted how several years ago my mom and I heard this creepy little laugh moving through the kitchen.

Those baby angels laughing? SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE THAT. THAT was the creepiest part of the entire episode.

I think my neighbor is harboring Angels...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I will never look at statues the same way again, btw.

Also, going to NYC in November promises to be slightly horrifying. :p

And I keep meaning to ask, but what are you guys favorite episodes to go back and watch?

Saeleofu

from series 7, I rewatch The Power of Three all the time. I love it. I just wish it was a 2-parter.

Aside from that, some of my favorites are School Reunion, Turn Left/Stolen Earth/Journey's End, The Girl in the Fireplace, Utopia/Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords, 42, Midnight, Vincent and the Doctor, The Lodger, The Pandorica Opens/Big Bang, The Doctor's Wife, A Good Man Goes To War, Let's Kill Hitler, God Complex, Closing Time.

I think there are some, especially from series 1, I have never rewatched. I should, though - there are several I didn't like the firs time through, but LOVED after seeing them again. And some I loves the first time but never again.

We were going on a birding hike in my vert class today and I was chatting a bit with a fellow Whovian (they're hard to come by around here, so we're both quite thrilled lol), and she's only on episode 4 of series 6. She told me she had heard Amy and Rory are leaving, and asked who the new companion is. She asked if it's going to be River - a young River. Ugh, SO hard not to answer that fully! But she'll find out soon enough, so it was a case of "Spoilers!" and change the subject ;)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Lol, I don't know any Whovians in real life. I keep hoping someone will ask about my phones skin on it, lol, just to out themselves, but so far, no such luck.

I've watch Forest of the Dead a couple times. The Christmas Invasion is another one I watched more than once. I'm going to be rewatching a few tonight, I think

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I LOVED Vincent and The Doctor.

And I'm still not catching the Bad Wolf reference in The Power of Three. ???

Saeleofu

And I'm still not catching the Bad Wolf reference in The Power of Three. ???
They're discussing something, and the Doctor says, "You can talk, wolf in your grandmother's nightdress." ;)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ahh, I caught that, but I wasn't sure if that was the Bad Wolf or not since he doesn't say Bad Wolf lol

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I can't remember which episode I've cried the hardest at. Possibly Journeys End, though Angels in Manhattan was a tear jerker for sure. I did cry watching that short ^ about Brian.

Also, the Big Bang was incredibly sad at the end too, where he said he didn't want to go. Just reminded me of Ten a LOT.

And you were completely right, I adore 11. He's awesome. I really really liked him in The Rebel Flesh and The Almost People. Really he's amazing. I always love it when theres more than one Doctor. And The Doctors Wife was a really good one too! But I love Neil Gaiman.

Saeleofu

I just watched The Doctor's Wife for about the 20th time last night lol.

I cry HARD at the end of School Reunion. Even though Sarah does get to see the Doctor again, four times actually, the whole "goodbye" thing kills me, especially with Elisabeth Sladen having died last year (I didn't realize she was dead until about 10 months after she dies, and I cried when I found out). If I REALLY want to cry, I'll just watch a Sarah Jane tribute. If that doesn't do it, nothing will. I'm sure I'll cry like a baby when Sarah Jane leaves the 4th Doctor, and I know it's coming up - I think I only have 3 or 4 serials left. My favorite companion leaving my favorite Doctor :(

I get a little misty-eyed for Girl in the Fireplace, Doomsday, The Doctor's Wife, God Complex and Voyage of the Damned. I cried at the end of Planet of the Spiders (3rd Doctor regenerates). I cried for Father's Day, Last of the Time Lords, End of Time, Journey's End, Waters of Mars, and The Power of Three. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.

But the ones that made me cry most were actually Torchwood. The end of the second season was so sad, and then came Children of Earth. Oh god. I cried so hard at the end of Day 4 I had to take almost an hour break before watching Day 5, and then as soon as Day 5 started I was crying all over again. I cried a few times during Miracle Day, too, but not like I did for Children of Earth.

I've cried for Sarah Jane Adventures, too. Especially Goodbye, Sarah Jane, Death of the Doctor, and the end (epilogue?) of the last episode. The last season (well, half season) isn't on Amazon, which sucks. Not even available for purchase, it just...isn't there.

Saeleofu

I just looked, and I only have two Sarah Jane serials left :( I may have seen one of them already, which would mean only one left (I know I've read the novelisation, but I can't remember if I've actually see the episodes yet).

Saeleofu

Torchwood was hard for me to get into. Very hard. But after a few episodes it gets easier. The entire first season and half of the second season were just "meh" to me - it has good moments (I mean come on, it's all about Jack!), but it's just not...great. Then halfway through the second season a special guest arrives (you'll know it when you see it, and it's not the Doctor...the Doctor never has and never will appear in Torchwood because DW is technically a kids' show and Torchwood IS NOT AT ALL a kid's show), and from there it gets very, VERY good. It peaks in Children of Earth. Miracle Day had its moments, but it was long and drawn out and full of "fluff" that was boring. But there's a naked Jack, so it's worth it ;)

I'm still halfway hoping RTD decides to write some more Torchwood some day. The last season was left very much open-ended.

Members online

No members online now.