Do Your pups Watch TV?

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner

Click on the picture above and you will see a video of Sheena watching tv. It is a show on NG. It is about cats giving birth. Zen is too busy having a bath. This actually is pretty common in our house. Do your pups watch tv?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
My old dog Jasmine loved watching TV - her eyesight wasn't very good her last year and we actually wondered if it was from watching tv everyday for 13 years, LOL. She knew the Cops song and would run to the TV when she heard it - that was probably her favorite show. She'd also perk up when she heard certain commercials and my mom and I would have NO idea why, but sure enough at the end it would show a dog for maybe half a second. She'd even recognize cartoon dogs and cats.

While Jasmine would just quietly lay there and watch it for hours, Dally will occasionally see a dog and run up and jump on the TV. It's not really watching, just reacting to whatever she happens to see. I don't think she's as bright as Jasmine was, haha.

jenv101

Bite Club
Omg how cute are those two?!

Riley will look at the tv if he hears/sees an animal. The rest of the time he ignores it, but my husband swears he likes James Bond too lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota has an unhealthy obsession with TV.

Dash and Eve don't care.

MicksMom

Caleb used to watch TV. Westminster was a biggie. The weird thing is, he could be sound asleep and know when it was on. He would wake up stare at the tv until a commercial came on. That always surprised me because it's not like there are barking dogs or anything. He also watched duck hunting shows, and bull riding. I didn't realize how much he watched bull riding until I was watching a bucking bull auction last year. They were showing young bulls with a "bucking dummy" (basically a weighted box strapped to their backs, nothing human like about it). When the dummy came off, Caleb kept looking at it, then back to me with a confused look on his face. I'm figuring he was either waiting for the "cowboy" to get up and leave the arena or for someone to go "help" him.

ETA- he hasn't watched much tv lately, tho.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Holly LOVED watching tv. She especially liked shows about animals, but really watched anything. I have some pictures somewhere, I'll have to find them. :)

Members online

No members online now.