Need info please...

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Yes, they can. With a spay, you're removing a female's ovaries and uterus, not stitching up her vulva.
Well, this is true, but all the swelling that goes on during a heat cycle it definitely part of what allows a male to make his mark. They don't seem to have particularly good aim. :lol-sign: And the vast majority of spayed female aren't going to stand to be penetrated - it would be very uncomfortable, I'd guess, as bitches who ARE in heat and are willing still often find it to be somewhat distressing at times.

I'd say it's possible but fairly unlikely, but that's just my educated guess.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Well, this is true, but all the swelling that goes on during a heat cycle it definitely part of what allows a male to make his mark. They don't seem to have particularly good aim. :lol-sign: And the vast majority of spayed female aren't going to stand to be penetrated - it would be very uncomfortable, I'd guess, as bitches who ARE in heat and are willing still often find it to be somewhat distressing at times.

I'd say it's possible but fairly unlikely, but that's just my educated guess.
This. Can they? I'm sure it's possible under the right circumstances, but they likely wouldn't.... Since the female wouldn't be in heat.

Lyzelle

They can. All altered animals *can*(want to is a different story), unless you are removing/stitching said body parts. Geldings trying to breed mares isn't uncommon. Mares standing while not in heat isn't uncommon. All species are like that, no matter of intact/not or heat/not.

I wouldn't say altered animals are all about the shenanigans all the time...but it does happen on occasion. Some females are just hussies. :p

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
esp if the female is a 'virgin' god its horrible to hear her howl & cry :( which is why i dont breed anymore (that & doing rescue work cured me of the want to) my neutered male mounts Josefina for some reason (shes the only one he will do that too, maybe because no one else will tolorate it LOL) but he wont do the thrusting or 'come out' when hes doing it, so i dont know why he does it

crazedACD

I've never heard of it. As said above, I believe it's possible, but it's not common. I have head of neutered males entering intact (in heat) females.

I do believe it's not unheard of to have a spay done wrong..

crazedACD

I've never heard of it. As said above, I believe it's possible, but it's not common. I have head of neutered males entering intact (in heat) females.

I do believe it's not unheard of to botch a spay though..

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches

I do believe it's not unheard of to botch a spay though..
Yeah, we had a bitch at work that was "spayed" but they left an ovary (on accident) and she came into "heat" and well... It happened. With a very happy neutered boy.

She's since had the ovary removed. The whole thing came as quite a shock to everyone involved, LOL.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
But she couldn't get pregnant, right? The only left was an ovary not the uterus?

I have seen a neutered dog "try" on an infect female but could they accomplish a tie?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
But she couldn't get pregnant, right? The only left was an ovary not the uterus?

I have seen a neutered dog "try" on an infect female but could they accomplish a tie?
No, she couldn't get pregnant. Both because there was no uterus and because her little boyfriend had no balls. ;)

crazedACD

Yes. I've seen this first hand, and the male was 100% neutered, not cryptorchid (owned by a vet tech).

No, she couldn't get pregnant. Both because there was no uterus and because her little boyfriend had no balls. ;)
This might be the stupidest thing I ever asked, but if they leave an ovary inside..it wouldn't still be attached to anything right? I have a hard time even picturing that. What is the possibility (if the male was intact) of ectopic pregnancy in a situation like that?

spiffy

Definitely possible! Spaying only removes the uterus and the ovaries. However, the bitch may not be very cooperative since it would no longer be in heat.

Thank you all for your valuable information - I've never had an un-neutered male dog before, but we'll be taking care of that situation soon! Does anyone know how long it takes after he's neutered for him to lose this desire? Also, will the surgery be harder on him because he's 4 years old?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Does anyone know how long it takes after he's neutered for him to lose this desire? Also, will the surgery be harder on him because he's 4 years old?
LOL when he's dead. Most dogs will still have the urge to mount bitches regardless of their testicles. Don't depend on neutering if you're having a behavioral issue.

Just a fact of nature, eh?? Good point - I think he's been an only child. I thought I'd heard that neutering them would calm them down.

Miakoda

Oh, I had quite the shock when I watched my neutered Shar Pei/Cane Corso have his merry way with my intact APBT. Hubby and I got to stand there for quite some time for it to be over so as to not injure anyone. While shocked, and slightly distraught, we did have a good time describing what we thought the puppies could've looked like had Wrigley not been neutered (and he was....at 6 months of age).

Members online

No members online now.