We have a guest! (and question about ticks...)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Just picked up this sweetheart from the Humane Society...

She's a silver, around 1-2, and deaf as a doorknob. my mom has dubbed her Marley. (my brother suggested Helen :rofl1:)

She's not staying long... probably about a week. Then she'll either go to somebody's house to get used to a male around her age and be adopted together, or go hang out at Allie's for a bit.

Poor girl showed up to the Humane Society with tons of ticks. She was treated there, but I've gotta go over her shortly to make sure she's clear. So uh... what am I looking for, exactly? :lol-sign: I've never dealt with ticks before :p

ETA: Definitely didn't mean for this to go here..

RBark

Got Floof?
Mostly you just look and feel for bumps that don't look like skin. Black ticks are the most common but there are gray ish ones too. Look online to see how to remove them. They are somewhat hard to miss on a ferret.

Aw :) She is a cutie!!!

As for the ticks, check on her ears and in between her toes! Hopefully she settles into her new home quickly!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yep she's clear :)

I came home to my sister who was saying she was being nice through the cage with Ella, so I let her and Ella meet. It went well... at first. Ella was content to cuddle and sleep with her... Marley started sniffing and then went "I'M JUST GONNA PULL OFF YOUR EAR" and then... the screaming started. Marley is deaf, so it's understandable. Ella is just a screamer. My poor ears.

*sigh* last thing we need is another single...

Members online

No members online now.