IF you can't say something nice- part II xD

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well, it just happened again. I was inking a little cartoon papillon at my desk, and one of them came over and looked at it, then said, "That looks weird". Then the other came over and agreed. I snapped and promptly chewed them out about how obnoxious they were being about my art. I mentioned something about it not being helpful, them not ever saying anything nice, and some other things I can't remember including the fact that it made me angry.

I sort of feel better, but I kind of feel bad. I never snap at my friends. I'm a non-confrontational type of person. It just happened one time too many, I suppose.

What do you think? I *tried* to be civil but there's only so many times you can be pushed around before you say something.

B

bananapeppers

Yet, let me guess..

When you did finally snap, the blame was placed on you?

It seems to be human nature to be negative and critical of everyone but themselves, and then when their behavior leads another to snap, those people still blame the person that snapped.

One can only be kind for so long. Eventually its a waste of time to even try and telling someone off tends to end the critics and their mouths quite quickly. Even if they are so indecent enough to still run their mouths behind your back and think of you poorly, at least you don't have to deal with it anymore. :D

Hopefully your friends will have learned their lesson. :)

Yet, let me guess..

When you did finally snap, the blame was placed on you?

It seems to be human nature to be negative and critical of everyone but themselves, and then when their behavior leads another to snap, those people still blame the person that snapped.

One can only be kind for so long. Eventually its a waste of time to even try and telling someone off tends to end the critics and their mouths quite quickly. Even if they are so indecent enough to still run their mouths behind your back and think of you poorly, at least you don't have to deal with it anymore. :D

Hopefully your friends will have learned their lesson. :)
That happens with me. :rolleyes: I'm usually a good natured person and not much for controntation, but sometimes I have had it and let er rip. People act so upset...they can't believe that I had the nerve to say anything back. It's actually pretty amusing in a way.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That's basically what happened. :lol-sign:

They stared a bit then acted all huffy like I had no right responding to what they said. Or they were in shock I said something. They shut up for the rest of the night though.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Well being as how they walked into your space uninvited and offered uninvited criticism I say let them have it with both barrels. They asked for it. Go ahead and be as rude as you feel like they asked for it. Unload on them.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
"That looks weird".
And your response should have been - yeah sorta like your face.

:p

Just tell them straight - you never know, they MAY think they're being helpful?! That or they're just not nice, or have limited social skills. Either way you'd be doing them, and yourself a favour!

Members online

No members online now.