Rose

RD

Are you dead yet?
You've never seen a smooth BC? Google, girl! I think they're gorgeous dogs, very sleek. That isn't a good picture of Rose, but she has the BC eye and she definitely moves like one. A little heavier bone than most BCs have, but anything goes in the "ranch lines" that I imagine she came from.

A lot of people think the smoothies (esp. prick eared ones) are mixed with ACD. Flop-eared ones are suspected to be mixed with lab. Honestly, a lot of the "BC mixes" I see in rescue are probably purebred BC, just with smooth coats.

T

tessa_s212

Yup.. so many BCs now have the overly full and thick coats that people can't even recognize a beautiful pure smooth coated BC anymore. Sad. :(

RD

Are you dead yet?
I petted a show BC at the trials yesterday, her hair (yes a bitch, they typically have less coat!) was almost dragging on the ground.

I gotta say I love Dakota's coat. He's just what I think a rough should be - long, thick (but not poufy, more slick and glossy) but not a foofoo coat. I brush him once a week and his coat stays in great shape, mat-free.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
You've never seen a smooth BC? Google, girl! I think they're gorgeous dogs, very sleek. That isn't a good picture of Rose, but she has the BC eye and she definitely moves like one. A little heavier bone than most BCs have, but anything goes in the "ranch lines" that I imagine she came from.
LOL, :p

I always thought that BC were long coated dogs :confused:

Heheheh maybe Lizzie is pure BC! :D

EDIT: It says on her profile that she is VERY our going and loves all people! :confused:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Mm, I wouldn't call her outgoing by any means. Friendly, yes. Her foster mom said she was shy in new situations, terrified when she came to the foster home and very slowly came out of her shell. She warmed up to us after just a short period of time. Definitely friendly, just needs some confidence.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Mm, I wouldn't call her outgoing by any means. Friendly, yes. Her foster mom said she was shy in new situations, terrified when she came to the foster home and very slowly came out of her shell. She warmed up to us after just a short period of time. Definitely friendly, just needs some confidence.

Oh okay ;) :)

I hope that you are able to get her! :D

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
RD are you getting her? Its been awhile and I havent seen anything that said either way since this thread was made. Yes im nosy.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Unfortunately, no. It didn't work out. Rose is great, but my dad wasn't so keen on the idea . . . Again.

I don't know why I bother.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Aww, thanks. My mom and I were hoping and praying too. My dad just had something else in mind . . . I guess he's still unsure about rescue because our "rescued" dog had such issues. I tried to make him realize that Rose isn't like that, but he didn't listen to me. He never does when he gets his mind made up about things like that. :(

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Aww what a bummer Grace! :(

I was really hoping that you would be able to get her too! :) :(

Members online

No members online now.