Agility training

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I think Penn's week& a half off was a huge help. She grew some more brains during the mini-vacation :D Couldn't be happier with practice today.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We did some great distraction work with Summer today. She did her thing with people all over the field talking and kneeling down. Such a good girlie.

DJEtzel

Recon's first class of the day. Level two Fullhouse- 2nd place. No dropped bars at 20"- yay! :)

[youtube]vXDJxanmaU[/youtube]

Hoping to get out of level 1 standard next class.

krissy

She's baaaaaa-aaaack!

First class where I've seen Kili back at 100% since the issue with her hock. She was a little out of control and doing her own thing here and there BUT the enthusiasm and speed were there... I think more so than ever before. This is the first time she has really gone ahead of me. I was totally SENDING her to the tunnel instead of going with her. It was great. I am SO freaking exhausted now.

[YOUTUBE]J8jBEaW3xCA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm pretty happy with her for 17 months old. :) Just need to get the teeter up to full height (she LOVES the teeter so I don't think this is going to be an issue) and get her weaving (just about ready to add the third set of 2x2's) and we'll be just about ready to start thinking about trialing. I would LOVE to have her trialing by her 2nd birthday. Might be ambitious. We'll see.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Just got done a full day seminar about OneMind Dog. Oh my brain hurts. Hopefully I will get a video edited and posted tonight. Maybe after a nap LOL.

Sekah

The Monster.
Looking forward to hearing about that too.

Cohen and I had a decent time at our houseleague today. Our first run was a standard one, and we did pretty well. We suffered one off course, but the bars all stayed up and Cohen was a firecracker. Second run was a gamble, in which the opening was messy but the close was surprisingly smooth. Third run was a sort of tunnel/weave/contacts course that was a bit of a disaster. Cohen got high, the handling was supposedly easy so I didn't put much effort into it so we suffered some surprise off-courses and Cohen was higher than a kite so we had some 10th pole weave pop outs. All in all, just happy to get out and play with my dog.

Sekah

The Monster.
Huzzah! Final level one standard, clean and first!

[YOUTUBE]G_NcjlQM9z0[/YOUTUBE]
Congrats!!!! You two look lovely.

Here's an older video from my houseleague. I was debating sharing it, since the handling isn't great, our turns are wide and there are a few faults in it, but hey why not? At this point, it'd probably been about 6 months since we'd been on a full course. We've improved since then.

[YOUTUBE]MEixgcW3rHc[/YOUTUBE]

SaraB

Congrats!!!! You two look lovely.

Here's an older video from my houseleague. I was debating sharing it, since the handling isn't great, our turns are wide and there are a few faults in it, but hey why not? At this point, it'd probably been about 6 months since we'd been on a full course. We've improved since then.

[YOUTUBE]MEixgcW3rHc[/YOUTUBE]
Love it!!! I have a love/hate relationship with watching videos of myself. All I do is nitpick everything that could have been better. While that sucks, it's also such a good learning tool.

You guys are a great team. :D

SaraB

She's baaaaaa-aaaack!

First class where I've seen Kili back at 100% since the issue with her hock. She was a little out of control and doing her own thing here and there BUT the enthusiasm and speed were there... I think more so than ever before. This is the first time she has really gone ahead of me. I was totally SENDING her to the tunnel instead of going with her. It was great. I am SO freaking exhausted now.

[YOUTUBE]J8jBEaW3xCA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm pretty happy with her for 17 months old. :) Just need to get the teeter up to full height (she LOVES the teeter so I don't think this is going to be an issue) and get her weaving (just about ready to add the third set of 2x2's) and we'll be just about ready to start thinking about trialing. I would LOVE to have her trialing by her 2nd birthday. Might be ambitious. We'll see.
She is having so much freaking fun!! I love it!

Finkie_Mom

Yay Newton and Recon! And Kili looks like she's having a blast :D

I think you and Cohen look awesome, Sekah. Now you have to get updated videos :p

OK so the seminar was super interesting. Some of the techniques I am kind of thinking I will never use, but others worked really well for Kimma and me. We went over 12 out of the 36 techniques. I remember how they are executed, but not all of the names LOL. By the time we got to run the course, we had already been there half a day and Kimma was BEAT. My main goal with her was to make sure she didn't stress - and if we did some cool things, then that was just icing on the cake.

So you can see in this video that she is slow. Especially the latter half or so, as we had done 6 minutes on the course, had about an hour break, then came back for another 6. Luckily it's just because she was worn out, and not because of stress. Thank goodness! All the things I cut out were either me working something without Kimma, or Anne talking to me. Lots of mistakes, but I didn't leave anything out in terms of my handling with Kimma.

[YOUTUBE]1_qEg9ehuBY[/YOUTUBE]

I definitely had the least experience out of everyone there, so that was a bit daunting, but I think we made it through pretty OK. And Anne was a great coach, so hopefully we will do more seminars with her. I'm hoping that when she comes back next Jari and I can take something with her if she offers one for younger dogs.

krissy

Wow! Such a long day! I love seminars but they really are exhausting. Kim a looks tired! But such a good dog to keep working so hard!

Is that an indoor dog facility? That is awesome and I am so jealous. Everything around here is a cold, dusty horse arena!

Finkie_Mom

Wow! Such a long day! I love seminars but they really are exhausting. Kim a looks tired! But such a good dog to keep working so hard!

Is that an indoor dog facility? That is awesome and I am so jealous. Everything around here is a cold, dusty horse arena!
She was seriously done by lunch time LOL. I don't think I've ever seen her so tired! But she pulled through and I'm really happy about that. She actually didn't want to leave when it was time to go, which is a great thing!

This facility has only been open about a year. I am lucky enough to teach classes there, too. Before that the agility club we belonged to was in a horse barn, so I got that experience as well hahaha. I may return there for classes once Jari is running longer sequences just as a way to proof him in new environments, but hopefully that will be during early fall or sometime warmer :p

I think there a quite a few other indoor facilities near here, too. I live in a good area for agility training/competing (at least for AKC).

DJEtzel

That seminar looked interesting! I couldn't watch all of it or hear because I'm at work, but it looked like there were some nice skills involved. I'm going to have to watch it later for sure. XD

Also, I don't think I've noticed how small the girls look compared to you! I always thought they were much taller! :p

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
Lars and I traveled to NH and did some USDAA over the weekend. We had a Q in Friday's P1 Standard and a Q in P1 Jumpers which I was very happy about. I'll get my hands on video tomorrow from the videographer who was at the show.

One NQ in Saturday's Standard was me and I totally said something to Lars as he was lifting off for a jump. He turned to look at me and tilted enough that a foot dropped a bar. Whoops....bad handler. It was a spot on run despite me and my mouth. The other NQ in Sunday's Standard was both of us...we were sort of fried by that point of the weekend. We roomed in a hotel with my friend who's dog had never been in one before and she fussed all night at noises from the other guests. So two nights of not really sleeping for both me and Lars got us in that run...we both had Duh moments on course. :rolleyes:

When the videos are up, I'll post them for you guys to check out. :)

Members online