Hyia is learning

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Train Kitten is much much better. He had fun with visitors too.
He is a very good train kitten and does not derail the train, even if he does slow it down a bit.

They played with the train sets for a long time.

My personal favorite of the day (so far) round two children are due in the door any minute.

Ressie says you take a nap around here and one child turns into two. Hellow, I know you too!

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Don't laugh but I was going to measure that tail and compare it to Sancho's. HE is awful proud of it and does a lot of waving it around to express what he thinks.

WE will not even be thinking CHristmas tree this year. I like my ornament collection wayyyy too much to even try.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
He and Huck share an awful lot of mannerisms; I was making fun of him the other morning for wagging his tail like a puppy. Does Ressie chirp a lot?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He doesnt' chirp, he barely meows, he does make a snort sound when he is really playing, and a huff huff too. Very quiet. He says a whole lot with that elepahnt's child tail of his, I think it is so long because no one can resisit hanging on to the very end of it, just a little.

He had such a good day with his baby friends.
What I love is the nod to his head, usually times. He did it when he was very little too.vid

Last edited:

gapeach

Big Mutts
Very pretty tree:D
We have ours up and Zoey hasn't really upset any ornaments. We tried to put the ones near the bottom where they wouldn't dangle. She has harassed a few presents that have ribbons though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
BAck from the vet, with yet more medicine, a booster, and a neuter date of the 30th. He sat in my arms like a champ, and watched the kittens play in the window.

All we would hear would be timber from the minute a tree woul walk in this place. Your kitten is a very nice kitty. Ressie is not ..not when it comes to trees.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Huck is NOISY. He mews, meows, chirps, growls, etc. He has also now figured how to get on top of the fridge, which led to the top of the cupboards. That's his new favorite spot for watching what cooking is going on. At least now he leaves the bookshelves alone.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Soooo.....we went to the vet, and got yet another different treatment and were told directions that I just don't agree with. I do not want to vet hop either, but if your going to compare foods and your going to dis a company, and you admit you don't know what the food is I am talking about yet you tell me something else is better.
I say it didnt' matter what he ate, formula, better formula, weaning formula, baby beef, kitten chow purina (the shelter sent it, and I just couldn't make myself use it, not after seeing the difference of what the good stuff did for them, and and and and..I am frustrated. He did have what I woudl attribute to an almost partially formed stool for the first time. He is still bloated, he did not pass any worms.

I went to Petco and I got a bag of Wellness, a bag of Blue Buffalo kitten chow, and a third brand, I can't remember, but looked appropriate to the others and I found the clerk. ONe that the doc said "would just push whatever they are told to push"
She went through all ingredients, talking about digestive tracks and how they are not fully formed until a cat is i think she said 9 months. She said adding pediatyle to his food and make sure it wasn't flavored would help him with his digestion. That she didnt' feel he was asorbing what he should. ANd after spending a long time with me, looking up ingredients she came to the same conclusion that I did, what I am feeding him is the very best thing I can be feeding him. I felt better about what I learned from the petco clerk, then I did the vet. That to me is really sad.
The vet kept saying maybe the mama cat brought home some prey and I would repeat, he was bottle fed from 12 days up. There is no mama. She said fleas, I said NO FLEAS past the day he came in at 11 days. Danged if she didnt' turn him over to look. I feel horrible but I want a different vet. I don't know. IF this doesnt' work I am going to take him to Independence which will cost more and is much further away, but that is what I ended up doing with Pepper and it was the right decision. I just want him well.

Fingers crossed this does it. HE is getting his probiotic paste stuff,

He does turn heads. He sat in my arms at the vets so good, it was a very long wait.

I want my morning cat well.

He has a good appitite, he plays, he doesn't act sick except for those couple days before I took to the HS. Since then tho, his growth seems appropriate and so does his weight. He does not have a temp.
This pic was taken just a couple minutes after the one above. THe lighting was just so pretty, we watch the sun come up together. He watches the window, I watch him, This has become my most favorite part of the day.

sighs..let this bowel issue be fixable. For everyone who loves him here's sake.

Especially me

Last edited:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I couldn't tell you if Huck has the same issue or not, because he never poops while I'm home and that means the dogs get to it before I ever know. Theirs are still fine, so I'm guessing he's ok? Doesn't seem ill, bloated or anything.

Ressie is more majestic than any cat has a right to be!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You would know if it were this, from the swollen belly on out. I think paste is doing his the most good, i hope the lady at Petco who obviously has had some experience in this, has a good idea with the ped addition. It makes sense. THe Vet didn't listen, to the point I was getting upset. He was behind, he was sick for a couple weeks, he was weak, then he grew and caught up, and now he covers my whole desk chair and is quickly catching up with Sancho. It's hard to look at him and think he is only 4 months.

He sure is silent compared to Huck. Sancho makes far more noise and he is a quiet cat too.

You would have been proud of him too Zoom. Sitting in my arms, relaxed, not afraid, patient, not struggling, just chilling watching the kittens play in the cage, even with the cat that cried a few chairs away and dogs coming in and out, he doenst' even mind my shopvac, I think he thinks as long as he is in my arms he is fine, and I am glad of that.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie, I hope Ressie starts feeling better soon. I agree that not all vets know about nutrition or care to really investigate. My vet may be good as a surgeon, vet knowledge, but I don't listen to a word he has to say about nutrition.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will say one thing. AT least at the Petco I went to, the people that work have never been anything but intelligent, appropriate, compassionate help.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Feathers

Feather Canyon King where he is not suppose to be and he doesn't care. The teapot finally got moved to the almost done shelf and for the first time in weeks, i have a fourth of a desk. Make that had a fourth of desk.

Last edited:

gapeach

Big Mutts
I hope you can get his tummy issues resolved soon.
I never would have told you, I thought he was a homely looking kitten:eek:....but he is now the most gorgeous boy!

Members online

No members online now.