Any Canadians going to the AAC regionals (in your area)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
So.. regionals aren't too too far in the future here (eek). Any of our chaz members attending? I know there are people here from multiple provinces.. I'd like to hear how other provinces regionals go :)

Miss Cider and I are entered. I'm a little frightened. We start semi privates in a few weeks to get our groove back on and better with an AAC judge. We've had a quiet winter.. but I have weave poles in the kitchen, and I think we finally grasp entrances better than ever.

I can't wait for spring. :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I am going, but just to volunteer. (no trials for miss Dekka till she realizes that the A frame is not a launch ramp at trials) I don't know if Mark is going to vend. I really think he should as the aluminum equip he makes is much nicer than anything else I have seen out there.

adojrts

Well I didn't know if Petie and I would be going this year or not. His health issues have still not been resolved but my vet assures that he can compete as long as its not hot and humid. My health issues of late have been another concern not to mention the fact that I have not worked in months because of it.
I recieved a phone call this morning, just as I was heading out the door for the hospital from a very close agility friend and I was informed that my Regionals entry has been taken care off. I was stunned and surprised to say the least. I protested, I thanked them and I cried. Oh boy did I cry. I was told to stop worrying, to concentrate on getting better and to look forward to playing with Petie. What a friend..............and I have no idea how I can possibly repay them for this peace of mind at this time.

Another person going to Regionals for the first time, is one of my students, she also has one of my jrts. She is very excited about going and very much looking forward to it.

Lynn

MafiaPrincess

*hugs* I hope you and Petie are well enough to come to regionals. That is a wonderfully touching gift. Agility people are wonderful :) Concentrate on getting better. Hopefully with regionals in May, it will be better weather for Petie too.

Brandyb

Ah Lynn, good to hear that you're going, and I hope that you both are doing better. I'm praying for nicer weather this year - still not sure if we'll be attending - 400 is a little lofty, though if she could give me the performance she gave me at last years Canada Cup I'd be exceptionally happy. My friend and her pup Indy are ging - they already booked the hotel room.
Are you guys getting hotel rooms or camping???

adojrts

Hi Julie;
Nice see ya again. We ll be camping.
Personally I think you should go and these are my reasons as to why.
You have another year of trialing and training under your belt. You have told me how much she has improved just in this last year and that you have figured out a few things where she is concerned etc.
Since you did go last year, you did survive that 'first time' at such a large event and all the stresses that go with it. You know you can get around those tough courses and if nothing else all that is no longer the unknown to you.
As for that horrid hot humid weather, we are all banking on the fact that it wont be as bad as last year...........but I would expect we will be much better prepared if it is. I know I am. Although I didn't go to the Canada Cup last year, I do know why I didn't. I withdrew because of the heat and humidity.
Brandy ran for you there and did well, I think if you give her a second chance at Regionals, you shouldn't run into the problems that you encountered last year.
I am also going to be prepared in case it rains and storms badly. Actually those dirt rings will be hell, if it rains especially several days in a row. It wont be good for our smaller dogs in those conditions, when they reverse the order and run 26 down. Our guys are going to find it hard after all those larger dogs have dug up that dirt. But it will be the same for everyone.
You have a wonderful little dog.........

Lynn

cinnamon

The Ontario Regionals are the Provincial AAC agility competition. If you can make 400 points, you can go compete at the nationals. It's outside London, Ont this year for us.

http://www.dogsportemporium.com/ontregionals2008/
Is this the competition in Ilderton the May 24,25 ? I went to watch one in Halton Hills last year. The dogs were excellent-they knew what they were doing alright :) I took lots of money and bought my dogs new toys and treats.

adojrts

Is this the competition in Ilderton the May 24,25 ? I went to watch one in Halton Hills last year. The dogs were excellent-they knew what they were doing alright :) I took lots of money and bought my dogs new toys and treats.
Yes, that is the Ontario Regional Championships, which is one of many across the country which is where you qualify for Nationals.
The Ontario Regionals is about the same size as Nationals, same number of rings and number of dogs entered, it is a huge event.
I was at Nationals last year in Halton Hills and your right the quality of dogs is at the top, especially considering there were many world class competitors competing.
Nationals this year is in N.B in August, rumor has it that Nationals will be held at Spruce Meadows in Calgary next year..........
If you go to Regionals this year, let me know, it would be nice to meet if you want.

Lynn

adojrts

They switched it to 350 points.
Yep its offical as of 5:43 pm today lol. Sure proves that the squeaky wheel does get the most grease. Wow that rule change sure had people in an up roar and thankfully our new BOD listened and compromized.

Dekka

Just try me..
I was very impressed with the post on the bark list that detailed the BOD's decision. Very well thought through. Now if only I was running Dekka this year lol.

Brandyb

Hi Julie;
Nice see ya again. We ll be camping.
Personally I think you should go and these are my reasons as to why.
You have another year of trialing and training under your belt. You have told me how much she has improved just in this last year and that you have figured out a few things where she is concerned etc.
Since you did go last year, you did survive that 'first time' at such a large event and all the stresses that go with it. You know you can get around those tough courses and if nothing else all that is no longer the unknown to you.
As for that horrid hot humid weather, we are all banking on the fact that it wont be as bad as last year...........but I would expect we will be much better prepared if it is. I know I am. Although I didn't go to the Canada Cup last year, I do know why I didn't. I withdrew because of the heat and humidity.
Brandy ran for you there and did well, I think if you give her a second chance at Regionals, you shouldn't run into the problems that you encountered last year.
I am also going to be prepared in case it rains and storms badly. Actually those dirt rings will be hell, if it rains especially several days in a row. It wont be good for our smaller dogs in those conditions, when they reverse the order and run 26 down. Our guys are going to find it hard after all those larger dogs have dug up that dirt. But it will be the same for everyone.
You have a wonderful little dog.........

Lynn
Lynn, thank you so much for the vote of confidence - I really appreciate that! I'll do some more serious thinking about it. Especially now that they've lowered the point requirements (Thanks Decka!). I just worry because we haven't had much practice time lately, and the last couple trials have been, um, not so great. We have a CPE this weekend - and I'm hoping to see some improvement (we've had the chance to rent an arena a couple times). I think I'll make my decision after this weekend. She is a great little dog (thanks Lynn) and I really wish I had a lot more time to spend training with her. I'll let you know for sure when I make up my mind.
You're absolutely right about those dirt rings - I didn't like them last year, and if it rains, wow, they're going to be just awful! That's why I was kinda hoping for a different venue this year .... ahhhh, to be on grass for all the runs.... :)

MafiaPrincess

We are also camping on site. LOL I emailed Joanne before I put in my regionals entry to ask how she found regionals last year. I was kinda hoping on different venue as well. The year before we got into agility it was nice and close to home ;)

Brandyb

LOL - Joanne is gung-ho for this year. She booked the hotel before sending her entry.
I thought about camping - much cheaper - but our tent leaks ... and if it rains, well, you know - LOL, and Brandy really likes her beauty rest, and I don't know how well we'd sleep camping. i was so exhausted last year, it was great to have a room to go back to. probably had a lot to do with the weather though.

Members online

No members online now.