Ribs?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
We got some Rib Meat Bones today...are these okay or the dogs?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Are they cooked? If they are, nonono. If they're raw beef bones, they should be fine, just watch to make sure they are being chewed too vigorously since beef bones are pretty hard.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ohhhh, no way are they cooked ;)

And most of the time, Major and Lizzie don't eat raw meats very fast :)

Just wondering, but is RMB's the same as Rib Meat Bones?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Okay, good! And when the bone got smaller on the end part, we didn't use it(the ribs are in the freezer right now) :)

Thanks! I would like to give them one tomorrow, but we are going to be gone all day, so I may give them one Saturday;)

bubbatd

I'm still wary of bones that size for large dogs .... my Goldens would have given one chaw and swallow .

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I will be watching the whole time, and major since he has gotten on in age, eats bones VERY slowly. And Lizzie doesn't know what to do half the time so she eats in small bites too. ;)

And these bones are bigger, not very small.

ks02

I dont know if this is common of rib bones, but my puppy can't chew and eat them. He does great with chicken, turkey, and fish, but for some reason, all beef bones seem too hard for him to chew enough to eat. He did a little better with beef necks, but he still wasn't able to chew up all the pieces, and I ended up throwing them away.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
you said hes a puppy? probably because he has his puppy teeth and can't eat hard bones yet, orr, he just doesn't like hard bones that much ;)

ks02

He's 6 months and has his adult teeth. Or at least I'm pretty sure he has all his adult teeth.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Hannah will not eat the rib bones either. She will get all the meat off and leave the cleaned bones she won't eat those bones. The beef neck bones she can basically eat the whole thing.

DanL

Are these beef ribs or pork ribs? The beef ones seem to be harder. The pork ones, all of my guys chomp right through them. Gunnar will get a part of a rack and start at one end and munch right through to the other end, bone and all. Beef ribs and beef short ribs they leave the bone mostly, then chew on it later as a rec bone. I take them away when they get too small.

Staff online

Members online