Getting blood out of carpet

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Lol uh :p I quicked one of Cajun's nails last night in our wrestling match, and it gushed like nobody's business. I had blood spots allllll over my bedroom carpet, so I scrubbed them with Dawn dish soap (I had a vet assistant tell me a few years ago that it works well at getting out blood) and I thought I had gotten it all up. Today, now that it's all dry, I see that I did get most of it but there's still some staining.

Suggestions? Scrub again with Dawn? I know hydrogen peroxide gets out blood but I don't know if it's safe for carpet?

milos_mommy

Hydrogen peroxide should be safe for most carpets - I'd check a discreet area first, but I've never had it mess up a carpet.

Lyzelle

Hydrogen peroxide should be safe for most carpets - I'd check a discreet area first, but I've never had it mess up a carpet.
Yep.

I've also used rubbing alcohol or vinegar in the past. Depends on the stain, the carpet, etc. Or whatever is available.

I dont remember the brand Oxyclean maybe? Anyway it was a carpet spray when one of my dogs came into heat when we were at my parents for Christmas. They have carpet so I bought it and it didnt bleach the carpet and cleaned it great with basically no scrubbing at all . just spray and let it sit and dab with wet rag

Locke

Not sure about dry blood stains, but for fresh ones I soak a towel in a vinegar and COLD water solution, dab it on the blood stain and dab as much as I can and then resoak the towel and leave it weighted down on the stain overnight.

It worked really well when Smiley snuck down to the basement and enjoyed his raw bone on our off white carpet.

The most important part of getting any type of stain out though is to dab it, don't scrub it!!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Awesome, now I just have to check if we even have hydrogen peroxide :p Or I'll experiment with the other items listed lol.

Romy

Taxiderpy

When Kaia is in season she can't wear panties all the time because warm dark damp = infections. So we use this to clean up after her.

It also can get melted oil pastels and blackberry pie out of white carpet with zero discoloration. I buy it by the gallon. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'ved used cold water and a rag. Then I spray with Nature's Miracle and keep wiping up.

Members online

No members online now.