The greatest wake-up call is...

The booming roar of a Kuvasz as a greasy looking baliff darts around your backyard. I peered out through the window and spotted this guy who was on the phone with someone and sticking papers on our kitchen door. I ran to my dad's room and woke him and we went downstairs immediately.

We refused to answer any of his questions and he left his card. Along with a few shoddy looking notices (no court seal, letterhead etc - just printed out on a fax it looked like). Oy vey, this year just keeps getting better doesn't it?

On a nice note though - it is Katalin's first birthday today!. Our monster came into the world a year ago today, it's been quite a ride so far....

She gets a long walk later, gourmet salmon cakes (for dogs), and a portion of shepherd's pie (no onions, easy on the potatoes). Games in the park, visits with her friends, and a mini hike around the UBC endowment lands in the days to come weather permitting. Not only to celebrate her birthday but for dealing with the bailiff - I swear he shook up every time she got louder lol.

I think that kind of experience on a first birthday is, for an LGD, kind of like us turning 21 :D

Sorry about the bailiff stuff, and definitely check into it before you take it for face value.

Haha, that's a good way of putting it ;) so there is some protectiveness after all under all that white curly fluff. It's hard to believe she can be ferocious one second and like a big teddy/polar bear the next.

My dad correctly wrote it off as a cheap scare tactic - it wasn't a court bailiff/sheriff even. We'll be OK. *phew*.

Yeah, Kharma does the big, soft, doe-eyed look, tosses her head like she's a flirt (she is) then in a nanosecond she's up on her hind legs roaring.

And then, when she's got the job done, she turns around and looks at me and tosses her head and gives me the " . . . and I even look beautiful when I do that" wink.

Members online

No members online now.