Jackson Browne's ears smell like Fritos

When it's getting close to time for Jackson Browne's bath, I have noticed a smell from his ears like Fritos. The vet has checked his ears, and he doesn't appear to have anything medically wrong with them.

Any ideas?

Cidney

Thats strange, has Jackson Brown been scratching his ears with his paws? Sometimes the smell of their paws smell simlar to fritos.

He's been scratching a little bit. Nothing major. I've noticed that smell since he was a little puppy. I always know it's time for a bath when that happens. LOL :D

How often is it ok to bathe them?

Dena

You can bathe them pretty much whenever you just can't stand them anymore - like kids, lol. One thing that can prolong the time between baths is brushing with a boar bristle brush. It distributes the oils all along the hair and is really good for the condition of the coat, too.

As for the Frito smell, I have no idea. It may just be his peculiar body odor. The only other thing I can think of is possibly yeast. Try adding some yogurt (with active cultures) to his diet and see if it helps. You'll have to give it some time, though.

bogolove

How old is JB? I have heard several different people before say that puppies smell like fritos (I always thought it was odd until I got Brady and I know the smell you speak of). but Brady's went away eventually as he got a bit older.

dawnell

Maybe I'm weird---(I know I am), but I ~LOVE~ the way Maiven's ears smell. Makes me think of her when she was a puppy. Whenever I smell her ears she turns around and gives me kisses and looks at me like I'm strange. :D lol

Members online

No members online now.