Was my family the only one?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
That when we were little and could'nt afford one of those fancy store bought sand boxes. So instead dad went out to the neighbors farm and got own of their old tractor tires no longer any good for work brought it home sat it in the yard and filled it with that sand with the little pebbles in it?Mine definatly did I look back on it now and laugh. It makes sense I guess it was free and it was big but i was the only kid I knew and still know who ever owned one. Lol memories.

That's a cute story. We never had a sandbox. We did have a little playhouse, we played in it some times. One of my memories was going into the house, and as I was going in, being stung by a mean bumblebee. LOL, weird memory.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I had a play house too it ended up being a good place to hide pets my parents would'nt let me keep like cats or random strays until the parents warmed up to them.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia handed me a small fist full of the little round dark pebbles that were in her sand last week..i keep running into them...she saves them for me for some reason, and i always put them in my pocket..did you sort the pebbles too?

Saje

Island dweller
I think a tire sandbox is the best kind. Although I didn't have one. I loved playing on those big tires! It was either my grampa or my dad who made us one. Probably grampa - he was much more handy.

Kathy74

We WANTED a tractor tire sandbox, but our dad just made us a wood one. We did have numerous tire swings, though, and they were great! Our dad was a dairy farmer, so there wasn't alot of free time, and in winter, when all the other kids got to go to the rink and skate, dad didn't have time to take us, so he would flood the garden, and we had a rink of our very own!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
We never had a sand pit!! :( Because we always had cats, and they love to use them as litter trays!! lol! Unless you have one of the covered ones! We didn't even have a swing! Oh woe is us!! ;) But we did have Ponies!! :)

Dad built a wooden sandbox when we lived in California. He built a screen cover for it to keep the neighborhood cats out of it and after my sister was born he put a roof over it so she wouldn't get sunburned. The neatest toy we had outside, though, was a big Sonotube - one of those big tubes they use to form concrete.

becca_4321

My kids had the tire sandbox. I ended up having it taken up and gave it to someone else because of the nasty spiders I found living in it! I really HATE spiders.

Members online

No members online now.