My son has a turtle....

Debi

He bought Terry when he was just 9 yrs. old. My son is now 26....who knew turtles live so long!! Terry is still thriving..healty..and pretty big with more personality than I would have imagined a turtle having..lol I believe it is a red ear slider...or something close to that. Terry is really quite adorable. How funny!!!! :) Terry has been around, too....moves to every new place my son goes. Very adaptable pal.

Now that is cool!
A 17 year old turtle that your son still has. I wish I had keep mine now :(

Chazhound

MEG126

haha that's cool! these horrible guys at my school had baby hampsters (apparently they reproduce like crazy) and the brought them to school in their pockets and were giving them away to people :mad: so my friend (being the animal lover that she is) rescued one of them and her mom let her keep it because she figured it would die soon anyways because it was so young. but he's survived so far (it's been about... 4 months i think) and now he's a cute (much bigger) little fuzzy thing. i guess her mom should have figured since they basically have a zoo (3 dogs, a cat, a mouse, a fish, a horse, a hampster, a fish, and they used to have guinea pigs but they've both crossed the rainbow bridge) :)

Debi

Meg...it's amazing how long a hamster can live. We always had them..my daughter had her fair share of mice and rats, too. We had a big white rat once that lived for years...he was so fat!!! She fed him everything we ate..things like mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. I cringed when I first saw him, but good ole Simon ended up being quite loved. :D I'm glad she rescued one of them...I bet he is living the good life.

poochie

watzup_puppy_dog
One night, dad was driving me and my best friend home from our basketball game. When we stopped at the intersection we saw a long-knecked turtle walking across the road. We had no idea where it came from seeing how there was no lakes or anything like that around in that erea. We decided we would keep him but we had nothing to put him in so we could hold him in the car. Our house was the nxt street up so we went there and got a big container and then went bk to the intersection to get the turtle. When we got there, the turtle had been run ova. Whoeva run him ova did it deliberately coz he had been squished in the middle of the road, i couldnt believe how cruel ppl could be, it was a harmless turtle, who would wanna run him ova :(

Debi

Can't imagine who would want to run over a poor little turtle. SAD. I just visited my son last week in his new apartment......Terry has never looked better! Still amazes me. :)

avenlee

LOL, my daughter has a Russian Turtle named Benjamin. No clue how old he is but he is sooo funny. Once I went into her room and Russian Turtles are known to be escape artists. Well, there Benji was with his front two legs lodged over the corner of the aquarium and one of his back legs barely touching the top of his hut and the other one dangling. I lowered my head and faced him and said "Well, Benji, what did you do! You got yourself stuck" He just looked at me and gave me a big "HUFF". I was ROFL. He was like as if to say, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, just get me down please!"

So funny

poochie

watzup_puppy_dog
Last friday at skool, me and my friends came out of out last class and we found a long kneck tortise sleeping under the water tank. Mrs Walter our P.E. teacher was trying to work out where it came from and making sure no one touched it so i asked if i could keep him, she said yer i guess so, so i went and got a box from the art room and took him home. We put him in the old dog yard where there was a big tree, dirt and grass and a big fence around him so nothink could attack him and so he wouldnt be able to get out. We dug a big hole and put plastic lining in it and filled it with water and thats where he has spent most of his time, but the other day when i went out to check on him, he wasnt in his pond and my brother found him in the dog kennel sleeping lol. I named him nick after my friend who for some reason wanted a turtle named after him, and now he lives happily in our backyard :)

Members online