Abnormally calm?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
The guests at our Superbowl party said something that is bothering me. Zeus was his normal, well-behaved self. He greeting people politely (no jumping, running, or insane licking), did some socializing and scratch-soliciting for about an hour, then curled up on the couch with everyone else to watch the Superbowl game. A few of the children started petting him, and lifting and looking at his paws, and Zeus just lay there calmly and let them do it.

That's when a few of my guests asked "Hey, is that dog old?" :confused: I said no, that he's only 18 months and is still a pup. My guests said they'd never ever seen healthy dog that mellow. They laughed, shook their heads and called it unnatural.

Now I'm all worried and paranoid that there's something wrong with my dog. :( Zeus is definately the most low-key dog I've had, but considering my last two dogs were very high-energy breeds, I don't really have much to compare to.

He doesn't seem lethargic. He still loves to play and run outside, and will respond quickly when it's time to play. But is this calm nature something I should worry about? I'm probably just being paranoid. But it worries me when people say my dog doesn't seem normal.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
There's absolutely nothing wrong with him - he's just a well trained, well socialized dog. Sadly what many clueless people perceive as "normal" are out of control, unsocialized, untrained dogs with a massive lack of exercise.

Saje

Island dweller
Maverick's like that. Maybe it's a big dog thing? LOL Although I can imagine what Renee is going to say :D

I'm sure he's just fine. He's an awesome dog.

Fran27

My boys are the same usually once they settle down (which really only takes 10 minutes). Then they just lie down and sleep. They really play outside, and inside maybe one hour a day in the morning and the evening. So I think it's normal honestly.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nah I don't think you have to worry :D he just gets all the playing and exercise he needs from you and the rest of the time he is too tuckered out to bounce around in the house :D

EliNHunter

I concur! Take pride that you have such a polite, laid back puppy dog! Those people just know what they "know"... spazoid freak dogs!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Cherish his calm disposition! He sounds like a very good, patient boy with a rock-solid temperament.

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
Absolutely agree. Be proud you're a great doggy mum, and ignore what others say. My two are the same. Max our big 60kg boofer loves to say hi, then goes and flops on his bed. People can't believe that he is such a sooky boy, considering his size. It's like ahhh yeah big dog= boisterous, nasty will hurt you. I'm like pftt yeah right LOL

Enjoy what you have brought out in your boy.

He is gorgeous by the way :)

Zeus is just being Zeus - living up to his name ;) You don't imagine the Greek Zeus was jumping about whenever there were guests for an afternoon ambrosia on Mt. Olympus, do you? :D

katt

www.PhotoKat.net
Nothing wrong with your pup. Sounds normal to me.

Our 9mo. pup is very similar. He will wander and get in the way of people more so, but he doesn't bark or jump on people.

lol dont worrya bout it my sheltie (crosbie) was and for the most part still is a very calm dog..when i first got him he was SOO amazingly calm ,..up till 6 months he was really calm...slowly he has become more energetic...but really its his personality to be relaxed..that is untill he hears an interesting sound like someone comming home or food LOL...but relaly your dog jsut sounds likea nicely trained boy...i wouldnt be all that worried about it, hes just respectable, which is a nice quality..better htan an off the wall jumpson everyting kind of dog...well unless you like that sort of thing lol :)

Members online

No members online now.