Heart stopping moment

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I'm shaking with relief right now. I just had one of the biggest scares in my life!

Some things to keep in my while reading this: 1) Nola is the biggest velcro dog ever 2) my front yard is not fenced and I live on a pretty busy street.

Okay, so here goes: I had my parents over for dinner tonight, and the dogs were inside as we cooked and chatted. It'd be raining literally all day, and finally let up enough to let the dogs out in the fenced backyard to play and run around, so I put them out before dinner and left them there (I can see my whole yard from the dinning room, so no worries there).
So my parents and I are eating a talking, and my dad says he hears a noise. We listen, and hear nothing, so brush it off as being my 2 indoor cats. He hears it again, and this time my mom and I hear it, but again chalk it up to the cats. He hears it a third time, and it's coming from the front door. He gets up, goes to the door (glass halfway up) and doesn't see anything. He turns around but then the noise happens again. He opens the door, and this small, wet, dark brown creature runs right at me. I'm about to scream, but then I realize IT'S NOLA!!!!!!! Nola, who was suppose to be in my secure backyard. Nola, who was on my front porch just 40ft from a busy road, and right next to my neighbors aggressive dogs. Nola, who opened the fenced gate (chain link 2 door gate; the kind you have to lift the little pole up to move the one side and the handle on the other) just enough to squeeze out and go to the front door and freaking paw at it until we opened it!!!

I'm crying, my parents are stunned, Nola's shivering and damp in my arms. It was horrible!!! I swear my heart stopped beating when I saw her run inside. It would have been so easy for her to get hit by a car or attacked by the neighbors dogs!!!

I'm still shaking now. It was truly horrifying. I've now fixed the gate so it can't be pushed open. Nola's now asleep on my lap since we've both come off the adrenaline high.

So. F***ing. Scary.

My other 3 dogs aren't smart enough to follow her out, thank god. Sometimes I wish she wasn't a smart dog!!!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
So glad she is alright.

Cali gave me a huge scare a few weeks ago... I was pretty much hysterical. It's never fun.

sometimes we get a little help from upstairs. Maybe this is one.
Either way, thankfully, Nola is still around .. Very pleased to read a happy ending. :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so glad she's safe in the house now and you've fixed the gate. Hugs for both of you.

Members online

No members online now.