Physical differences between Greyhound and Galgo Español

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Physical differences between Greyhound and Galgo Español

I just thought someone would find this as interesting as I do.

(The images are from this site, none of them is mine)

This is a pretty neat chart. :) I own both breeds and, as you can imagine, most people think that my Galgo Espanol is a small Greyhound that "doesn't look quite right". :p

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
I can imagine that pretty easily. But that's an easy confusion, if you don't know much about those breeds.

Gazehounds

Oh yes, definitely. :) My Ibizan Hounds get called Greyhounds too (on the rare occasion that they are called dogs and not livestock). :lol-sign:

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Your Beezers are called livestock? Wow. There's just so many strange/uneducated people... luckily sighthounds and podencos are pretty popular here.

Gazehounds

Your Beezers are called livestock? Wow. There's just so many strange/uneducated people... luckily sighthounds and podencos are pretty popular here.
My Beezers have been called goats (by hundreds of people), baby giraffes, large rodents, baby cows, sheep...you name it. :rolleyes: :p They are pretty uncommon here.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My beezer has been called a giraffe, goat, deer, Great Dane mix, greyhound, whippet, a what the **** is that thing and numerous other things. The best I have heard so far is someone ask me if he is a chihuahua mix. Ummm. He is 26.5" at the shoulder. No he is NOT mixed with chihuahua. He looks nothing like a chihuahua.

I love this chart comparison between the greyhounds and galgos. I can usually tell them apart for the most part and have to own a rescue galgo down the road one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.