one day..some day

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i want to make a children's book with all the dauchsands i have had to come up with..i had quite a dauchsand run there for awhile..and thought it would be so much fun to put them all together in one place :rolleyes:
all i need is a...time..b....more time...c...to clone myself....and d...a publisher :D then i can do My art..in the meantime i am surrounded by 45 different rabbits frogs and cats :eek: this is one of the tiles i was going to donate to the auction..i will take it next year.
When i do my "book" i will make them bigger...then i can get in there and do the detail to my satisfaction..this was just plain toooooo small..but fun for a study anyway.

Attachments

Saje

Island dweller
Ahhhh how cute. I think that's a great project. Have you ever thought about getting into illustrating? I bet it would be easy for you.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I NEED A PUBLISHER>>REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY BAD!!!!!!!!!
have you read PUT ME IN THE ZOO by Dr.Seuss?
that is my story..........i belong in children's books but have no money for promotion..and not a clue how to do this......anybody know how?????????????ifn you do pm me paaaawwwwweeeeese!!!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Oh Smkie, they are fabulous. I LOVE them ! they look just like something a little kid would ogle and squeal over in a book! Have you tried the yellow pages? I mean...can't hurt to try right? I went online and did yellowpages.com and searched publishers and came up with a whole bunch of addresses...I don't know how to "properly" go about such things but a preliminary letter or a phone call, then a portfolio of all of your work and samples spacific to what you want to publish...again, all speculation on my part but it can't possibly be worse to try and find out that you're going about it the wrong way then to never try in the first place. I think your art is AWESOME and any publisher ought to see that from the get go.

luvmydogs

uhm its DACHSHUND ;) and smkie u are so talented i KNOW u can do it. where there is a will, there is a way. i dont know why, but when u said u'd like to write a children's book, it warmed my heart. i'm just a big sucker.lol
p.s. just make sure u will write dachshund right heeheee just messin with ya :p
im wished i knew a publisher....to recommend u.would you're local library or newspaper know anything about publishers?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, I just love dauchsands. You should definitely be illustrating books. I really wish I knew how to help.

luvmydogs

Barb04 said:
Oh Smkie, I just love dauchsands. You should definitely be illustrating books. I really wish I knew how to help.
how many times do i have to correct it? its DACHSHUND!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL. u know everything has to be the right way with me (OCD) :p its driving me nuts

keyodie

Keyozilla
wow, those are amazing! I love how you made them look real but un real at the same time...hmm...just ignore me I can't talk today. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
DACHSHUND....DACHSHUND....DACHSHUND.....DACHSHUND.....DACHSHUND
now i will spell it right..i got have drawn and painted on bells, benches..you name it these dogs building snowmen, swimming in the pool, eating candy, playing at the park.playing with toys..playing in the attic..and a zillion others..i thought it would make a fun picture book with only one line of type Dauchsands we know how to play..we do it each and everyday!!!!!! Thanks to all my friends for all the support! AND INFO! i am only good at the coming up with stuff...i am terrible at the marketing!

Members online

No members online now.