Well I just got back from the Vet

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah its just been a bad couple days and a vet kinda week i have alot of payments to make :rolleyes: . And now a have a dog with stiches.

So here's what happened Shady was the one who got hurt. The dogs were playing in the field. I have a wood/burning pile out on the one end on the field and some of the wood in the pile has some sharp ends. I have the pile covered with a blue tarp and has some snow over the tarp and so sometimes the dogs clib up on it. I always try and tell them to get down but today Shady was climbing the Pile and I yelled at her to get down and it shocked her and when she jumped some of the wood fell under her and down went Shady. She got up pretty quick only to cry and yelp and when I got closer i noticed a small peice of splintered wood in the right side of her chest :eek: . So I panicked got everyone put away as soon as i could and got Shady in the car and to the vet.

To make a long story short the peice of wood was in deep enough to cause her to get 6 stiches in her chest but could be pulled out and cleaned out. Needless to say I have had quite a scare today and the wood wpile will be moving. So Shady's off the job for a few weeks until she's healed up and I think she's going to enjoy it. Right now she's napping on her dog bed which is nice. When she's not sleeping she's cryingcause she's sore and doesent like not being able to run around. But she's gonna get babied im sure because I feel so guilty about it all. The vet said that it should be so seriouse as to cause her to no longer be able to run. So thats a good thing and anouther reason to move the wood pile as soon as possible because the next dog who gets hurt on that pile my be hurt to bad to run again.

bogolove

Oh no! Poor Shady! Give Shady a big hug and kiss for me and lots of get well wishes. I know you must have panicked, I would have too. How scary!

Debi

Poor Shady!!!! Hope she feels better very soon! That was a scare...sounds like you need to unwind and relax, too. ((hugs))

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Give her a pat from me and tell her i am so sorry she got hurt please.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks everyone :)
Shady seems a bit less ouchy as I put it now that she has woken up from her nap. She seems more fine now with laying down and being still instead of trying to wrestle with the other dogs right now. I took a pic of her sleeping because she looks adorable in her little basket making herself as small as possible. Im less shaken then I was earlier but i still feel badly for my girl. She's the kind of dog that has been pulling and running since she was 12 weeks old (no not with the sled but with hay). She is one of those dogs who just loves to works and gets ancy and upset when she's not out working when the other dogs are. I can see this being a stressful few weeks for her.

I feel so sorry for the two of you! That's a frightening experience for both of you. I remember what I felt like when Shiva skewered herself on something when she was about 9 months old. She came in with a 6 inch gash cornered to a 4 inch gash that went all the way to the muscle. Her hide flapped back like an envelope flap! Scared the life out of me! :eek:

So, give Shady a nice long ear massage from Shiva - who knows exactly how she feels! :)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks again every one she's back passed out snoring lol. I've been calling her her full name today something I do when I feel especially loving towards her. Her full registered name is Shady Lady lol. She's actually offspring of Rajah hence the father daughter pic of them I have posted in the past. I actually have that Pic framed on my night stand jsut because its the perfect pic lol.Anyways
Thanks again and Shady thanks you all as well :)

Members online

No members online now.