Agility training

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Tired and frustrated with all my traveling lately and the total lack of opportunity to play with my dogs. Just sayin :(

adojrts

I've been trying to constantly reward for calm behavior in their crates. I see more improvement with Mia. The more I work Mia in front of Summer, the more Summer barks. Mia will bark once or twice when I grab Summer to work but Summer barks the entire time I work with Mia. I do work them at home with Summer in the crate and she's fine at home (much quieter than Mia!).
That is a good start. Can you find places not as stimulating as agility to work with them other than at home? :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Don't you hate that? Hope it gets better
It should get better starting in November. Just in time for the cold season and a total lack of trials :rolleyes:

But speaking of happier things -- how's the next generation coming along? Do you get the feeling that Operation Knock Who Up is a success?

adojrts

It should get better starting in November. Just in time for the cold season and a total lack of trials :rolleyes:

But speaking of happier things -- how's the next generation coming along? Do you get the feeling that Operation Knock Who Up is a success?
Oh that never fails, you don't have the time, then when you do............limited trials or none. Yep that is how it goes lol.

Yes, it is looking like Operation Get Who Knocked Up is a success (thankfully after all the money I spent on it so far lol) It has been 24 days since the first breeding. Her barrel has expanded a ton, she looks like she has eaten a loaf of bread, developing a pouch in her belly and her teats are starting to get larger. This past week she has been a touch bitchy (not like her at all) with the other dogs. I showed Who to one of my students on Wednesday, this student has been a breeder of small dogs for a long time. She looked at her and said, 'preggo's without a doubt'. She also lightly palped her (I didn't want her to palp hard) and said she readily felt 3 hazel nuts up in there on the one side and didn't check the other side :) I really wasn't comfortable with even a light palp, dont see the need esp in this day and age, when we can safely check them by ultrasound. It just means waiting to find out by a couple of weeks. I have an ultrasound booked for her on the 19th. I'll book her for an xray the week before her due date if there is any question of how many she is having.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Oh that never fails, you don't have the time, then when you do............limited trials or none. Yep that is how it goes lol.

Yes, it is looking like Operation Get Who Knocked Up is a success (thankfully after all the money I spent on it so far lol) It has been 24 days since the first breeding. Her barrel has expanded a ton, she looks like she has eaten a loaf of bread, developing a pouch in her belly and her teats are starting to get larger. This past week she has been a touch bitchy (not like her at all) with the other dogs. I showed Who to one of my students on Wednesday, this student has been a breeder of small dogs for a long time. She looked at her and said, 'preggo's without a doubt'. She also lightly palped her (I didn't want her to palp hard) and said she readily felt 3 hazel nuts up in there on the one side and didn't check the other side :) I really wasn't comfortable with even a light palp, dont see the need esp in this day and age, when we can safely check them by ultrasound. It just means waiting to find out by a couple of weeks. I have an ultrasound booked for her on the 19th. I'll book her for an xray the week before her due date if there is any question of how many she is having.
Too true...and going into heat during our fall run of trials was just icing on the cake lemme tell ya ;)

Hurray Who pups! Fingers crossed for a very smooth pregnancy and whelping!

And yeah I sympathize on the expenses...doing the math for Mira's is making me wince and it's still way off. AI though so that doesn't help.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Tonight was rather uneventful. Stays were better overall. I am still slower than the dogs. I am a little concerned because Summer slowed down at the end of class and that always has me concerned. They were both loud and obnoxious.

Two things stuck out.

1. Summer got the zoomies at her first turn and one of my classmates was sitting there with her arms resting on her knees and hands locked. Summer went running up and did a perfect jump through her arms. I think everyone about died laughing. Of course they had asked me if I taught her that. Not really although we have done the jumping over my arm (not in a hoop) before. She didn't even go up for pets or anything. Just *run run run* *jump* *tunnel* *go to the sidelines and jump through that persons' arms that are making a hoop*

2. My trainer warned me today that Mia is very smart. lol ;)

SaraB

1. Summer got the zoomies at her first turn and one of my classmates was sitting there with her arms resting on her knees and hands locked. Summer went running up and did a perfect jump through her arms. I think everyone about died laughing. Of course they had asked me if I taught her that. Not really although we have done the jumping over my arm (not in a hoop) before. She didn't even go up for pets or anything. Just *run run run* *jump* *tunnel* *go to the sidelines and jump through that persons' arms that are making a hoop*
HAhahahahahha! She's saying she wants to be a disc dog. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
LOL Auggie once went WAAAAY wide on an agility course and went underneath a folding chair in the corner, then came back in tight again and did the last jump. Everybody died and was like "I think you get bonus points for that."
I still have no idea why he thought the chair was something to interact with, let alone something to crawl under. =P

I think this weekend I'm going to get the a-frame out and set it flat on the ground and start working with P on it. Georgie is starting to learn weave poles. Just did a little session with her on Tuesday and got her wrapping one pole. She's not as clicker savvy as my guys so I think this may take a bit longer.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I will make a bigger post later in the thread I started ages ago in the Agility and Dog Sports sub-forum, but just wanted to let everyone know that my little psycho puppy was 2 for 2 today in standard and jumpers with 2 first places!!!! I'm just over the moon happy. I feel like the work we've been doing is paying off in a big way.

YAY LITTLE RED DOG!!!!!!

BostonBanker

Congratulations! Go Red Dog!

As for taking non-obstacles on course, Gusto has apparently been reading the forum. Tonight we finished up a class that had been a lot of tight handling with a big U of jumps and a tunnel to get them running out again. The first direction, the last jump was going into the corner where some equipment was stored. We got a chuckle over Gusto finishing the jump, then bouncing onto the flyball box that was there (he's never done flyball). As I turned around to set him up going the other way, he glanced over his shoulder, looked at the box, and very carefully backed up it and did his handstand behavior on it :lol-sign:. He seemed a bit disgruntled that we were all laughing at him as he kept putting his nose down for the treat. I led out and released him from there, then was laughing so hard I couldn't even cue the tunnel.

My little nutjob. He's going to be very, very interesting to trial!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Thank you!!!!

So then we went again today, and... Same results!!! 2 Qs and 2 first places in standard and jumpers!!!!!!! GREAT WEEKEND! I'm officially completely and utterly addicted :p
Yay foxdog! Congrats!

Aleron

Thank you!!!!

So then we went again today, and... Same results!!! 2 Qs and 2 first places in standard and jumpers!!!!!!! GREAT WEEKEND! I'm officially completely and utterly addicted :p
Saw the picture on FB - awesome!!! Go Little red Dog!!!

Members online

No members online now.