I have a new pup!

Wow, it has been FOREVER since I've been on here! But some of you may recall that I had signed up to be a puppy raiser for the Leader Dogs for the Blind. Well, we've got the puppy and she is a doll!!!
Her name is Sadie and she is a seven week old (I know...a little young) female black lab pup!! The whole way home (six hours; we came back from Michigan) she slept. No squirming, no playing, just sleeping. And then when we stopped for potty breaks she went right away and then as soon as we got back in the car, no matter how hyper out of the car she had been, she went right back to sleep.
We've only had about two accidents since we got her, and both were due to poor supervision. She is getting along fine with our cat too.
She doesn't sleep through the night yet (which is to be expected) so my mom is sleeping downstairs with her, thank God. She wakes up about every 2-3 hours needing to go out at night, so my mom is sleeping downstairs with her so I can get sleep since I have school. I just get night duty on weekends. And she goes as soon as we get outside and when we bring her in she goes right back to sleep.

So ya, I've fallen in love (shame on me since we can't keep her), but her nipping and chewing's about ready to drive me nuts. lol But again, that's to be expected.

(Oh, just thought I'd give an update on all of my critters. Here is the clan:
Blackie: 11yrs old and still going strong. He's a Black Lab/Rottie mix
Rose: Turned 7 not to long ago. Still my little baby.
Rush: He is now 12 years old. He is sill going strong to and he is actually getting used to the pup.
Casey: my year old Ferret! She is an absolute doll and I love her to peices. I'm hoping to get a new fert this summer when I get a bigger cage.
Abby: my still evil parakeet. My goal this summer is to get her handtamed, but I don't know how well that will do. She'll be three this spring.
Lucy: my new G. Pig!! A person my mom used to work with had her for her daughter but her daughter wouldn't clean her cage. They barely had any bedding for her, her cage was cleand about once a week (I clean it every day or two and it is messy), she had no house, she had a hamster waterbottle and it was up so high she couldn't reach it! If nobody would take her they were going to "let her out into the wild" so my mom took her and gave her to me. She is now a spoiled brat. lol :)
Freddie: my sis's hamster that I basically take care of. He is really fuzzy, orange, and white! lol
Bonnie and Clyde: two dwarf hamsters that I co-own with my friend. She still owns them, but I feed them, water them, change their bedding, and buy everything for them. lol They live at our school in the science room. I take them home on breaks.

And then of course Sadie! So that is the clan now. Anyways, just thought I'd share!

Hiya!!

Yaaay! You finally got her! That's so exciting. Give her kisses for me...and your other pets too. I'm glad Blackie's doing good...he's around the age of May (she's 10-12 years).

Barb04

Super Moderator
Congrats! You'll have to post a pic so we can see your new little girl.

Congratulations! That's a wonderful thing you and your family are doing, raising a leader dog. I admire that very much. Have fun!

Doberluv

This will be quite a project. Keep us posted. I think it's just terrific what you're doing!!!!!! Welcome back.

Members online

No members online now.