Still pondering small breeds...

JacksonsMom

I still say Border Terrier! That way, maybe we'll end up getting one around similar times. It would be neat to have TWO potential BT's on chaz. I've totally fallen in love with them. I'm just not 100% sure on the timing yet, but I'm 90% sure my next dog will be a BT. But they just seem to fit everything you need/want!

Dekka

Just try me..
I would recommend against a JRT. Yes they will cuddle and have an off switch. That isn't that hard.

Even JRTs from good lines can be aggressive with a dog they don't like. I love mals, I really do. But I don't think I will ever have a mal as I think they would be a bad combo with JRTs, even the lower key friendlier ones.

JacksonsMom

I would recommend against a JRT. Yes they will cuddle and have an off switch. That isn't that hard.

Even JRTs from good lines can be aggressive with a dog they don't like. I love mals, I really do. But I don't think I will ever have a mal as I think they would be a bad combo with JRTs, even the lower key friendlier ones.
I kind of agree from the JRT's I've met and hung around. Jackson would not be a good combo with Mals or Pits either. The one dog he still gets very annoyed with is my uncles GSD because she has this tendency to pounce and swat him ... she's just trying to say hi, but she does it obnoxiously and he gets SO mad, lol. And Jax is a dog who generally will tolerate a lot. But he's very snarky when bigger dogs aren't respectful of his space.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
The potential for DA is a big deal, of course all dogs of every breed can have it but my malinois can be very annoying, loud, and pushy. I need a dog that can take a punch and roll with it without taking offense.

Members online

No members online now.