Arghhhh forgot to thaw the Thanksgiving Turkey!!

ACooper

No I have not, didn't even know it was possible! LOL

How big is your turkey & microwave? Could you use the defrost feature? (never tried that before either!)

There is a 'quick' defrost method.......something like setting the turkey in a pan of water covered with a wet cloth or something? (IDK, you might need to google that!) Are you making it today or do you have a day to deal with it?

ACooper

Hmmmm, very interesting! Please let us know how it comes out! And I'll be sending you 'tastey turkey' vibes today! :D

Lyzelle

It's Canada's Thanksgiving. :)

I hope your turkey situation works itself out! I don't have any advice, unfortunately.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I hope it all works out , but i routinely cook chicken from frozen. I throw the pieces on the pan brick solid andseason em up and cook away , takes about 30 minutes longer if that and i think the meat is juicer. good luck

But...but..but..probably too late now, but what about the neck and giblet bag that are normally shoved in the middle? Some people, me being one ;), are decidedly anti-giblet taste, which will be imparted to your turkey if you cook it with them in. The sink full of room temp/cold water is about the fastest way of defrosting that I know of.

Hope it's all yummy and tastey which ever way you get 'er done! Happy Thanksgiving to all of us celebrating today and tomorrow!

:rofl1: Had a friend who didn't know about the PLASTIC bag of parts inside the bird.

Yup.

She also got one of those frozen pumpkin pies and left the paper on top of it. It sank to the bottom as the pie baked.

It was an interesting meal.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
LOL Renee.

I am no help, we always get a fresh turkey from the butcher (and, well, I don't eat turkey). I hope your turkey comes out good!

Doberluv

I have my doubts that it will get done. It's dangerous to thaw at room temperature or to cook it on too low a temperature. Salmonella is not to be messed with. It usually takes days in the refrigerator to thaw. You can submerge it in a bathtub of cold water, but that too, takes quite a long time. Then the cooking of it takes several hours. Cooking a frozen bird will likely result in the outside being cooked to a crisp, but the inside under cooked. You could ask the butcher, but personally, I would thaw it in the fridge to cook tomorrow or whenever it's thawed...and go get something else. LOL. At any rate, I hope whatever you do, you have a happy time and a tasty meal.

eta: Oh...I am late. It's already 3 here, so it must be dinner time there. Hope all is going well. ;)

Hope it worked out ok!

We don't do much for Thanksgiving - but are perhaps getting some greasy BBQ duck from a Chinese take away LOL. So no defrosting or stuffing worries for us :p

I've thawed turkeys -- and all sorts of things -- at room temperature, or in warm/hot water more times than I care to admit to :eek:

I think I've made myself about as close to immune to salmonella as you can get, lol. Probably after that truck stop cooler turkey sandwich that time . . . :eek:

Members online

No members online now.