Do you have people do your yardwork for you?

Do you have people do your yardwork for you?

• No, doing my own yardwork gives me a feeling of pride

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No, it's easy enough for me to do on my own

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • No, I don't want to spend the money, but I'd do it if I could afford it

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Yes, I pay people to do my yardwork because I HATE yardwork

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Yes, I pay people to do my yardwork because I'd rather not do it myself

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I have my children do my yardwork for me!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Margaritas

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I hate yardwork, unless it's something fun like planting flowers and plants. My husband hates it too, and it's something that we'd both dread having to do.

We have people cut our lawn, edge it, and trim the hedges. Then we have another company do all of the fertilization and such.

We maintain our flowers and the replacing of our lava rocks, but everything else is done for us. Makes things VERY easy to handle, especially when we're both busy! It rains a lot down here in the summer, so the grass grows quickly.

So... do you maintain your yard/grass on your own, or do you hire the work out?

Red.Apricot

My boyfriend and dad do most of my yardwork. :D

I water plants, plant things, take care of my vegetable box thing, and check the sprinklers and stuff, but like, a few weeks ago they installed a new drain in the back yard, and they do the heavy weeding. My boyfriend mows.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Hire (when we did have a yard, that is lol)
It's Miami first of all.. I don't know anyone who does their own lawn haha.

the neighborhood required you do use a service (and has days/times where it's ok to do your lawn) so everybody mostly used the same company, they were already around and did a good job

They did the grass but everything else as well (trimming, planting, pressure cleaning, general landscaping, sprinkler maintenance, gutters etc..) they did AMAZING work. My mom would talk about plants that she liked or a look that she wanted and they always did a great job
they also kept up with the sprinklers and dealt with whatever the plants needed special care wise and kept the lawn looking great

Ya. basically the hands off approach around here lol

Taqroy

We hardly do anything because we basically have nothing to maintain. Lol. Our backyard is hyoooge but it only grows weeds. And I can't keep flowers alive to save my life so....yay margaritas!!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I votes margaritas cause I live in an apartment, so I don't have to worry about that stuff :p

zoe08

We live in a drought, not much work here. Even if it was more work we wouldn't hire it out. If we could afford it, I would rather hire someone to help clean the house than mow the yard.

We pay a lawn care guy. I don't hate it. But it's just way too much to do on my own. I couldn't if I wanted to. It needs to be mowed, edged, fertilized, and the weeds sprayed frequently. And less frequently the trees and hedges have to be clipped and the clippings bagged, etc. We just had $750 worth of yard work done because we thought for a year we could keep it up ourselves and it got way out of hand. Our water feature/fish pond thing was completely covered in greenery. Couldn't even tell it was there. It looks so much better now and I am so relieved to have it done. We went ahead and hired him full time to keep everything done.

Toller_08

We do it ourselves. It's nobody's favourite chore here, but we don't want to pay somebody to do something that we can just as easily do. And with as fast as our lawn seems to grow, it'd get really expensive. My Grandpa always trims the hedge if/when he comes to visit in the summer though. He likes doing it. But if he doesn't come this year, one of us will figure out how to do it.

k9krazee

At my parent's house we all did the yardwork. My dad mostly keeps the yard mowed and snow shoveling and my mom takes care of the various flower beds and landscaping. And if they couldn't do it or didnt want to they'd nominate one of us kids to do it.

I can't fathom hiring someone to do yardwork for me & I never web knew it was an option! My friend hires someone to mow his itty bitty yard and do other odd jobs like stain his deck that I would be more than happy to do!

I am excited for the day when I have a yard to take care of!

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
I do it and rather enjoy it. I voted the first one, but its not a sense of pride I get out of it.... I'm not doing it to "one up" the neighbors, I just enjoy working outdoors and getting dirty while doing it. :)

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
We do it ourselves & a pretty good job at it, too! It's one of the things hubby & I enjoy doing together! We divide the jobs according to our "specialty" and strength & most of the time, being out in the garden together. He mows the grass while I water the plants.. He fertilize while I trim the flowers, he picks the fruits while I eat them LOL, etc... We receive so many comments from friends about how beautiful our garden is, especially our roses and tropical fruit trees :)

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I voted margaritas LOL.

Hubby does the yard work lol I do very very little when it comes to the yard. when my MIL makes her spring trip up here she does my flower gardens,..hubby does the rest lol

So I don't do it but I also don't hire someone to do it haha

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I do it and rather enjoy it. I voted the first one, but its not a sense of pride I get out of it.... I'm not doing it to "one up" the neighbors, I just enjoy working outdoors and getting dirty while doing it. :)
lol I didn't even see this before I posted :rofl1:

one of those cases where our opposites are our strengths lol

I voted margaritas. The bottom floor of my duplex is rented by an angry, drunk, unemployed middle aged troll., and as such I avoid the yard at all costs. I miss living in the country and having a little garden to tend, though sadly I tend to kill plants.

LindaJD

I voted margaritas LOL.

Hubby does the yard work lol I do very very little when it comes to the yard. when my MIL makes her spring trip up here she does my flower gardens,..hubby does the rest lol

So I don't do it but I also don't hire someone to do it haha
I see how it is, you sleep with someone to do it! lol

We (mostly I) do it ourselves. I enjoy the planting and mulching and all that, but I hate hate hate the raking. Now that my son has moved out, my husband does the mowing which he actually doesn't mind, he puts his ipod on and sings (embarasses me) as he mows. My yard isn't that big so the mowing doesn't take long.

Members online

No members online now.