Help! Pleas

sacry

Hi
could any one help me to learn my doberman whos age is 3 monthes
not to bit any one , not to bark and not to stop while iam walking & learn it to walk whith the leash ,
not to take food from any one exept me , not to walk with any one exept me and to get any thing which is desappeard ..... and more things pleas

Okay, Sacry, but let's take one thing at a time.

First and Second: your Dobie will learn good manners around people and other dogs if you begin socializing him/her right now. Take your dog for walks where there are people and other dogs, somewhere like a park. Praise your dog for welll mannered behaviour; if he growls or barks for no reason, tell him "No" and if your dog doesn't stop, you might put your hand under the jaw or something that will communicate - gently - that this behaviour is unacceptable.

These walks are also a great time to begin training your Dobie to walk properly on a lead. With a puppy, especially, I really prefer using a harness to a "choke chain." If your pup learns proper leash etiquette, you won't have to resort to the chain even when it's grown. I really consider a choke chain a last resort.

Third: My Bimmer won't take food from anyone else, and brings anything he finds to me before he indulges (unless, of course, he's killed it hunting). I started that habit early with him by making him give me anything he picked up unless he got it from my hand or his food dish and letting me look at it before I gave it backc to him. This accomplished two things: he doesn't take food from anyone without my okay, and he's used to me messing around in his mouth.

Fourth: Your Doberman should learn to walk only with you by the simple expedient of your being the only person who takes him for walks.

As to finding things . . . try making a game out of hiding his toys and having him find them. I've never actually trained a dog to do that, but my German Shepherds have always been pretty good about it naturally.

Your dog will learn much more from you and, I believe, bond much more intimately with you if you spend a lot of time touching him and talking to him. I feel that it is very important that you talk to your dog. Some dogs understand more than others, but it really does make a huge difference in my experience.

The other advice I'd give you is to take your puppy to obedience classes. Dobermans thrive on that sort of thing. It also helps with socialization skills.

If I think of anything else, I'll get back to you.

Be sure to post plenty of photos of your Dobie; they are such fantastic dogs.

Hi Sacry,
Dobies are great dogs and like Renee says, the more you take them
out around people the more they adapt. I actually took mine to work
with me for 5 years so it worked out well for my dobie. He had plenty
of people and dog friends to run around with most his life.

I usually used a choker for my dog when I was out with him but hardly
needed anything. They will stay by your side pretty steady after they
are trained, but always keep total control in public as the dobie always
gets the blame if anything goes wrong.

I totally agree Renee, they are fantastic dogs :)

Chazhound

Fury

Obedience classes are a must. It's helpfull to get info online but hands on experience with a good trainer at this early age will save you from frustration in the future.

A walking technique that worked for my dog using just regular collar: Every time your dog pulls you on the lead, pull backward forcing him/her in the opposite direction. This will teach your dobie that tension on the lead is unproductive on the walk. His desire to walk is strong, by preventing that you teach him patience. You must be consistant each and every time so don't expect to walk too far in the first few weeks of this training.

Most important, you need to train yourself to be consistant in training or the dog will train you.

good luck

Staff online

Members online