Ontario Chazhounders

Acton isn't too far away from me...I'm in Elmira. Hmmmm by the summer time I'll have one of the police dog litters for socialization. A meet and greet would be PERFECT for the lil guys!!!

Ivy

Acton isn't too far away from me...I'm in Elmira. Hmmmm by the summer time I'll have one of the police dog litters for socialization. A meet and greet would be PERFECT for the lil guys!!!

I would love to help with the socialization of the pups. I absolutely love german Shepherds! I am actually thinking about getting one in about a year or so.

Ivy

Now that the weather is so much nicer, would anybody like to meet me at the dog park sometime soon?

Wish I was closer and drove. i would do a meet up. But I suck at this moment lol. Unless any one wants to come to Ajax. haha

Dekka

Just try me..
I am thinking may or june for the bigger meet up. If anyone really wants to come and has dates they CANNOT make it let me know.

Ivy

Where would the best place to meet-up be? We need to know where people are coming from so we can choose a place somewhere in the middle.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Dekka had some criteria for a meet up location. Like fenced in areas.. so not just anywhere close enough was necessarily what was being planned.

When it was talked about in fall we tried to rent a local agility venue as it would have 3 fully fenced areas and we could bring a BBQ and such. Sadly the owner didn't seem to comfy with what we had planned. Then it got too late in the year for a back up plan.

Ivy

Totoredaca Leash Free Park

That is just a given having the meet-up in a fully fenced dog park.
I know of a park in Mississauga that is fully fenced.

For our canine friends, the park boasts:

a fenced agility course
a small wading pool where the dogs can cool off
an area where they can get a drink of water
several areas where the dogs can have lots of fun either with the other dogs, or playing with you.
a picturesque wooded area that is cool in the summer

For the comfort of the people, there are:

picnic tables throughout the park
tables with umbrellas and chairs and a nice sunshade for those who want to stay out of the sun
In winter, there is an area for lighting fires to keep warm while our friends play.
a fenced play area for children who visit the park with their dogs.

Here is the link so you can read up on the park.
:: Totoredaca Leash Free Park - Mississauga, Ontario ::

Tell me what you think.

B

Blue_Dog

I'm in Barrie. I don't come on here often but I do browse through the boards a bit. This sounds like fun ;D

That park seems pretty awesome^

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I was a Toto member. I'm personally not a fan even though the website makes it sound wonderful.

I also think the original idea was a chaz only thing, but I could be mistaken.

Lot of weird people in that park, out of control kids with food, etc when the weather gets nicer.

I go to TOTO everyday or almost. They got rid of almost all picnic tables and pools for liability reasons. The picnic tables should be coming back in the nice weather but I think the pools are gone for good. And Im gonna second MafiaPrincess with the werid people. I dont go into the main park anymore but I still hear all the commotion and stupidity of the people from the small area. Its getting alittle out of hand. People calling animal control on each other. Not what it was a few years ago when I first started going. Like just today I took Duke out of the car and started to head in when I hear a door open and out runs 3 huskies right toward us. Duke is aggressive thats why we dont enter the main park. Thank godness he was having a good day and just got really tense instead of going off. The woman tells me sorry but she cant hold the leashes cause the dogs will trip her. Why do you have 3 dogs if you cant control them? Anyways, sorry for going off in my own direction, lol.

Members online