Good Homemade Dog Food Recipes?

hanslynch

The other day I made homemade dog food. It was a test batch to see if my dogs would like it. It was just white meat chicken, lean ground turkey, and organic brown rice. I think I did okay with the macronutrient part of things but I want to do a better job with the vitamins and minerals. I have a multivitamin I am going to start giving them pretty soon but I want to include as many vitamins as possible in their regular food. They loved the food. My great dane, Lucy is a little finicky with the kibble I was feeding he. With this she licked the bowl clean.

Any suggestions on recipes or a good place to find some?

sam

I would get a consultation with mordy @ www.betterdogcare.com
She can actually customize a menu plan for your dogs based on information about what/how you'd like to feed but making sure it's an appropriate amount of calories and nutritionally complete-- she's surprisingly resonably priced too-- esp given the amount of time and work she puts in.

DanL

That sounds like a better human meal than a dog meal. You need fat in there and you need to ahve some bone or other source of calcium. What's the point of the brown rice? Filler?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I would get a consultation with mordy @ www.betterdogcare.com
She can actually customize a menu plan for your dogs based on information about what/how you'd like to feed but making sure it's an appropriate amount of calories and nutritionally complete-- she's surprisingly resonably priced too-- esp given the amount of time and work she puts in.
Much agreed. She's done a plan for Buddy and Banzai and is working on one for Bella. Mordy is a great person to go to for advice. :)

Members online

No members online now.