The Good News thread

Melle

I picked up my pretty boy today!

He's a medium-sized brown/gray tabby with white splashes and inky black stripes. Only 11 months old. Total lover boy.

I need names! Thinking Apollo, Govinda, Angelo, so far...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I picked up my pretty boy today!

He's a medium-sized brown/gray tabby with white splashes and inky black stripes. Only 11 months old. Total lover boy.

I need names! Thinking Apollo, Govinda, Angelo, so far...
Oh, congrats! :) I have an Apollo kitty. He's living with my mother at the moment. So I vote for Apollo. :p

Melle

Thank you c: I feel so relieved and calm and just happy having him. I think this is what was right for me all along. No household tension or stress, and no higher maintenance to go with that in terms of management. I feel very at peace now.

More names: Atlas, Tobias, Ivan.

Melle

Tobias and Atlas are super close with a lot of votes, so now I'm just trying them out on him and I guess whichever one sticks shall be his title :)

Ooh, if I name him Tobias I can call him Tobi.

joce

After several weeks of worrying over my mare I am hoping we have a diagnosis and can give her a few more years. Nothing showed on the fecal and teeth were pretty good and he said he does not think it's ulcers but going to treat for cushings and see. He thinks that's it so I'm hoping! He thinks her weight is good enough going into winter anyway so it's not a put down now thing anyway.

And so relieved to have a vet I like again!!

Though I am 700 poorer.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Stopped at a discount store today to check out their clearance garden section. I want to put stuff on my front porch and I'm still working on the recycled garden in the back, too, so just creepin' clearance stuff hoping for a score.

Well, I didn't find anything there, BUT. While I was wandering the store I spotted this enormous bag of chocolate rice cereal GLUTEN FREE and with super simple totally acceptable ingredients.
For $3.

CEREAL.
SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Also this morning I went garage saleing and I found a vintage stuffed My Little Pony, $5, in really great condition. A bit dirty with age but she will clean up wonderfully... and it just so happened to be Lickety Split who is my fave. Eee!

joce

Also this morning I went garage saleing and I found a vintage stuffed My Little Pony, $5, in really great condition. A bit dirty with age but she will clean up wonderfully... and it just so happened to be Lickety Split who is my fave. Eee!
Gah! I don't have her! Been going to the flea markets every sat and Sunday here and only find hugely overpriced ones people are selling. Not sure why I still hunt for them as I lost my display room. It's just part of me lol!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Barring any disasters, I should be able to put a rather significant amount in my savings account at the beginning of next month.

Eff yes.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Since I posted two giant rants in the venting thread, figured I'd post my good news:

I did my very first dog dental today at work! That's something I've been wanting to learn and was finally able to do. Huzzah!

Lyzelle

I had a doctor's appointment today. It was for a new doctor. My main one for out here in CO.

After going through my laundry list of medical issues, she narrowed it down and created plans of action. I am a little shocked already. I have NEVER had a doctor listen to me and ask questions, let alone DEAL with any of my issues.

She ordered blood tests to check for deficiency.
She agreed to get Implanon out of my arm, and further agreed my depression was more likely hormonal, worsened by Vit D deficiency.
She treated my anxiety as a different issue entirely and suggested something preventive as opposed to a quick fix like Xanax for panic attacks. She also called me Xenophobic/Agoraphobic. SHE ASKED ME IF I THOUGHT MY LIFE WOULD IMPROVE IF WE DEAL WITH THESE ISSUES.

I have never had a doctor ask me that question. Ever. They call me a pill seeker, to get over it, a drug addict. Never have I had someone listen and form a plan of action.

She prescribed me Lexapro for now.

I am like....woah

Members online