waking up

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Not tech savvy, but if you can program your own alarm sound on your phone, I would record a dog or cat winding up to barf. Nothing shoots me out of bed faster than the sound of a cat winding up to barf a hairball somewhere nearby.
LOL-I thought I was the only one! The sound of an animal barfing (I've also been awakened by the sound of Jack peeing) is the surest way to wake me from a dead sleep, and I am a heavy sleeper. DH jokes that I need a dog vomiting alarm.

GoingNowhere

Call me captain obvious, but if it were me, I'd want to cut out all caffine from my diet and I would make sure that I got the appropriate amount of sleep at night whilst maintaining a schedule. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the caffine was a big part of the problem!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Call me captain obvious, but if it were me, I'd want to cut out all caffine from my diet and I would make sure that I got the appropriate amount of sleep at night whilst maintaining a schedule. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the caffine was a big part of the problem!
I don't really consume much... especially not within several hours before bed.

I try to keep a schedule, but most of the time I sleep alone and many times I can't sleep before 2-3am.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I think a lot of it for me was positive reinforcement. I had every angry alarm clock, got rid of my sleep mask, opened the windows, etc.. etc..and was still like the dead in the morning

and I was always like I WILL NEVER BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT NEEDS COFFEE TO FUNCTION NEVER

then I got a coffee maker with an alarm clock inside and I wake up to it making happy chirps when my coffee is ready and I am a much happier person.

and I do need coffee to function.

If that doesn't work my brother has this alarm clock that connects to your wifi and donates money to charity everytime you hit snooze
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/snuznluz.shtml

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I think a lot of it for me was positive reinforcement. I had every angry alarm clock, got rid of my sleep mask, opened the windows, etc.. etc..and was still like the dead in the morning

and I was always like I WILL NEVER BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT NEEDS COFFEE TO FUNCTION NEVER

then I got a coffee maker with an alarm clock inside and I wake up to it making happy chirps when my coffee is ready and I am a much happier person.

and I do need coffee to function.

If that doesn't work my brother has this alarm clock that connects to your wifi and donates money to charity everytime you hit snooze
http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/snuznluz.shtml
Can you link me to the coffee maker?

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I don't really consume much... especially not within several hours before bed.

I try to keep a schedule, but most of the time I sleep alone and many times I can't sleep before 2-3am.
Same here. I usually never go to bed before 1. Sometimes it's 1 am for me, but it's usually 2am. In the school year it's better, because I know I need to get up at 6:30,& I can barely function of 3-4 hours of sleep. I usually never consume caffeine,only on rare occasion. I do consume a lot of salt, so, that might be contributing to it. Maybe, it's try sugar,or salt that's causing it. Or maybe it could be your depression.

I get up at 10:30-11:00 almost everyday, which is unproductive,& just shouldn't happen. What I've noticed is that I'm usually always tired, even with a goods night sleep.

crazedACD

Ok yeah...it is 1:20AM EST. I meant to go to bed EARLY. I have a dog show in the morning, I have to be there by 8-8:30ish. I started putting my stuff together, then remembered I needed a piece of paperwork that I couldn't find, then I decided the side of my bed against the wall was gross so I had to sweep it out....ugh. So bad.
So now, I have my neck pillow and will sleep in my computer chair, so I will get up. A lot of times I don't sleep if there is a big thing in the morning. I've never admitted this to anyone...it's a daily struggle. Sigh. :(

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I learned the water trick as a kid and always used it for christmas morning.

and now if I cant sleep i just masterbate and get off then I sleep so well.

So I would advise drinking a huge glass of water , some self love then to sleep.

I had this problem until I got the loft bed. I keep the alarm clock on the desk underneath it so I have to climb down the ladder to turn it off. Once you're down, climbing back up to get back in bed is very unappealing.

That wasn't the reason I got the bed, but holy crap was it a nice side effect!

crazedACD

So, it's been three weeks since I started my new job. I have a 7am start time.. I've been up and on time every single day. I'm sleepy in the morning and I might snooze once but I don't feel like I'm rising from the dead. I'm not struggling to get up.

I'm not sure what changed, probably because I feel like I have to set an example and I'm also living here...I definitely don't want the other employees to have to wake me up :p. I don't get excuses to be late...I can't have car problems or power/alarm clock failures :p.

Equinox

Glad this thread was brought back up - good timing! I recently downloaded the Wakie app for my phone. Anyone else use it? Haven't tried it yet, but the general idea is that someone random will call you when you need to be woken up, and they get about 1 minute to talk to you? They don't see your number so it's private... I saw it on reddit and since I'm SO bad at waking up on time, I thought I'd give it a try.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
are you making sure you get ENOUGH sleep? everyone is a bit different, my roommate can do fine on 6-7 but i need 9+ or my cognitive functions suffer and i dont wake up for my alarm (which is music, and vibrate literally right next to my face). an alarm nudging you that its time to get up coinciding with when your brain will be naturally meandering towards wakefulness is ideal, and that might be quite a bit later than when youre trying to make yourself wake

From years spent on the Racetrack, I am an early morning person. I very rarely sleep past 6 am in the morning and never set an alarm clock unless I have to get up especially early, like 4 am. Even then I usually wake up before the alarm goes off. My dogs all look at me when I get up and just go back to sleep so they are no help if I did not wake up.

Members online

No members online now.