sneak peek

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/smkie/sneakpeakchaz.jpg
not anywhere near done with any but it is starting to fall into place..i have found myself studying the street..what colour really is the asphalt at night and what do the highlights really look like on cars..you think you know, or at least have a good idea until you sit down and find maybe you better get in the car and go get a better feel for what you are trying to do.
still working on Chaz's right eye..not the one near the car..i am going to lower the eyelid a little and make it look closer to the other one for i like it best..anyway it is just a work in progress
At first i thought Chazhound was a black and tan dobe and had him painted in as such..then i started studying the sites' logo and i wasn't so sure, looked more red sooooooooo now he is the proper color..still working on all highlights so dont think green part is finished..i will tame it down considerably.:D
i wanted to do something bright and rich in color..i am about as sick of rabbit brown as i can get..
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/smkie/sneakpeakvic.jpg
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=7475&cat=500

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
this is my kinda stuff..what i enjoy drawing the most..where i feel i can express my humour and my perspective of life..i am having a blast even if it is hard work. I am so glad i have you to share it with!
Chaz was good looking black too with lots of blue highlights..hehe everything had to change! i love acrylic because that is so totally possible if i were doing a watercolour i would have had to start all over.
I know a dobermans lips are tight and neat not like a floppy sloppy bird dog..but i did want them to be wind blown so i hope that is about right..still haven't decided if the suv color needs to change or not..but i will probably at least keep in close. Green would be too much like Christmas with the other red car..Black, there is too much blk and grey is out for the same reason. I wanted burnt carmine but i can't find it anywhwere.

Ash47

Taco Dog
I can't wait for the finished product either! The snippets you have shown us are marvelous. You are ever so talented.

Smkie...you are awesome! I would buy artwork from you in a heartbeat (if I wasn't so darn broke). You are ultra talented and should be making big bucks off of your work. Do you sell any of it?

Pam

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
not right now..painting wise,,,i would like to do prints someday and greeting cards but u know it takes money to make money and all i have is the ability to make the pic..if you know anyone that wants to adopt me and promote i am interested! sigh...marketer i am not...it is hard enuff making it in the first place. i fixed Chazhound so i will post his part tonight.

Smkie....there is a forum for art somewhere on the net where people sell their paintings etc. I know it's not much help because I can't remember the name of the site but if you do a search for art, I'm sure you will find it. You should look into it and see what involves setting yourself up there. May be free for all we know. All I know is that you are far too talented not to be sharing your talents for money! BTW...you are an awesome photographer as well. What kind of camera do you have?

Pam

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i had a nikon fm 2 when i went to the art institute. My ex stole it when we went thru the big divorce and pawned it for a hundred. The judge awarded me only the hundred and you could have knocked me over i was sooooo upset. About 10 years went by with nothing but junk crap from the thriftstore not worth even putting film in. Then a man contacted me about making a painting for him with all of his dogs in it. He owned a chain of camera stores. I told him my tale of woe and he said he had the same camera if i wanted to barter..jump flip and horrrraaayyyy u bet i did. I had watched pawn shops and ads never ever finding my old friend. That is what i think of it too..i was published in the BEST OF COLLEGE PHOTOGRAPHY 1984 with the first roll i ever dropped in and developed. Your only as good as your tools? anyway i was proud of myself for earning it back and that painting was absolutely HARD so nothing good comes easy right?
Thanks for thinking of me..about being able to sell..i tell ya my son just moved out and Hyia is no trouble for the first time in my life ever i am discovering I have TIME to create things. THat is a step in the right direction. I am not ready to do marketing right now for a couple of reasons. One is i have some seriously screwed up health problems that have landed me in disablity. THere is no way i could make enough money to cover the prescriptions i have to take or the surgeries..(i am such an expensive puppy) the scripts alone can be 500 a month. I cannot make more then a mini amount of money or i will lose my insurance and no one in the whole wide world would take me as a client for health insurance. THat is the biggest hurdle i cant find a way under over or around. So what i am doing is working as hard as i can...strengthing my skills, getting a collection together of sellable quality work. THen one day IF i lose my insurance because the govt decided i am not worth having around anymore..i would have this to fall back on..OOOOOR if there is an agent that thinks he could do something i could turn the whole collection over to GG and she could maybe get back some of the money she has had to bail my behind out (not jail but divorce and health and kids and u know) everytime i needed help. IT could help with Hyia too. AS it is money cannot cross my palm. Isn't that a pickle to have to live with? I take seriously what i donate and i give my art to people that mean the most to me as well, the humane society makes it possible for me to have my dogs. WIthout them there is no way i could afford one vet trip let alone a serious problem or even the basics. I want to pay my way in life..what happened to me was NOT MY FAULT. That is what i have to remind myself of all the time to beat off the depression of the whole situation. I need to be adopted...Smkie needs some tlc from someone that truly believes in the art i make. ahhhwell i guess i better get in there and work on packs..that one is for CHAZHOUND members!

Well, Smkie....it won't make you rich but I promise whenever I can pull myself up out of this financial pit I've fallen into, I will pay you to make a portrait of my dog, Chyna...and I will show it to everyone I know and hopefully they will commission you to do one of their pets. People can always pay you in CASH, you know! What Uncle Sam doesn't know won't hurt YOU! :D

Pam

Members online

No members online now.