The Good News thread

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
My supervisor (I guess that's what she's called?) gave me extra hours! Not sure if it's just for this week or not, (probably) but its a step in the right direction! And I need the cash BAD! However I'm not working Friday afternoon because...IT'S THE JUSTIN BIEBER CONCERT! Ahhhh I'm so excited!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My schedule is going to be changed (again).... but it means I will only work Monday, Wednesday, Friday. :) Which will be nice, I'll be working the same amount of hours, but it's eliminating my half days. Yay for an extra day off!

Saeleofu

We had a "winter" party at the zoo for our department, and it included white elephant gifts. I ended up with this awesome "comfort wrap" thing that you can freeze or microwave...but essentially it's the exact same thing as a weighted lap pad. I am SUPER excited about it :D I'll be taking it to work tomorrow, since most of my day will be spent at a desk :p

Saeleofu

PHENYLEPHRINE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

For the first time in DAYS my nose is destuffed. Amazing. It didn't even take 10 minutes for it to start working. The stuff I was taking before was just dextromethorphan and guaifenesin, this stuff has phenylephrine added. Good thing it works, or I'd have to go get the big guns from the pharmacy counter and sign my life away or whatever t is they make you do to get it :lol-sign:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
PHENYLEPHRINE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

For the first time in DAYS my nose is destuffed. Amazing. It didn't even take 10 minutes for it to start working. The stuff I was taking before was just dextromethorphan and guaifenesin, this stuff has phenylephrine added. Good thing it works, or I'd have to go get the big guns from the pharmacy counter and sign my life away or whatever t is they make you do to get it :lol-sign:
LOL give a blood sample, fingerprints, background check and a promise for your left leg if you abuse it :p

So now for the medicine illiterate like myself lol... what would the brand name be for something with Phenylephrine in it? :) Nothign worse than trying to sleep with a stuffed up nose, then you drool all over yourself because you have to breath through your mouth. so something that actually works would be nice :)

Saeleofu

what would the brand name be for something with Phenylephrine in it?
Well, the stuff I have is a generic syrup called "Tussin CF" which leads me to believe (actually it says here on the package lol) that the name brand is Robitussin Cough and Cold CF. BUT, my brother was the one the suggested the phenylephrine, and he took it in pill form as Tylenol Cough and Cold.

Until this point I was under the impression that guaifenesin (Mucinex) was a decongestant. Turns out it's just an expectorant.

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So now for the medicine illiterate like myself lol... what would the brand name be for something with Phenylephrine in it? :) Nothign worse than trying to sleep with a stuffed up nose, then you drool all over yourself because you have to breath through your mouth. so something that actually works would be nice :)
It is the stuff in non-psuedoephedrine Sudafed and that like. Does jack squat for me (and most people I know) and proves no more effective than placebos in scientific studies.

DogSport Magazine is having a big overstock tunnel sale, and I've been wanting a second tunnel for AGES and it's recommended for Trkman's foundations course... sooooo I just ordered a second tunnel.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
DogSport Magazine is having a big overstock tunnel sale, and I've been wanting a second tunnel for AGES and it's recommended for Trkman's foundations course... sooooo I just ordered a second tunnel.
SUCH GOOD PRICES!

Then I get to the shipping page. Sigh. I really wanted that pink tunnel.

Lyzelle

I'm looking at getting a refurbished Canon Rebel T3 for around $270, kit lens and all. Realistically, I KNOW this is a VERY GOOD PRICE and I need to get it NAO.

But I'm totally not used to this sticker shock thing when it comes to cameras.

But I know I'm probably going to get it anyway. Yay awesome new camera!

Locke

SUCH GOOD PRICES!

Then I get to the shipping page. Sigh. I really wanted that pink tunnel.
Totally know how you feel!! Spent a few days designing a collar on a site, only to find out shipping to Canada would nearly cost as much as the collar!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I am beyond motivated right now & have awesome news but I don't wanna share it now and jinx things! NO ONE KNOWS MY SECRET. Not even my dad *gasp* Its killing me lol

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
It is the stuff in non-psuedoephedrine Sudafed and that like. Does jack squat for me (and most people I know) and proves no more effective than placebos in scientific studies.
Yeah, this. It does nothing for me, but I can't have pseudophedrine. Woe. I'm eternally congested when I'm sick.

Lyzelle

I just discovered my old point and shoot has like a bajillion manual settings and modes. Including a recording mode. I've been shooting in auto this entire time, and I thought that's all there was.

WTF.

I've only had this thing for 4 years now. No biggie. Just discovered this thing was way more amazing than I ever thought it was. Way to be slow on the uptake, there, Liz.
Way.
To.
Go.

Saeleofu

Yeah, this. It does nothing for me, but I can't have pseudophedrine. Woe. I'm eternally congested when I'm sick.
I tend to be sensitive to medications, so perhaps that's why it works for me.

On the other hand, if it is a placebo effect, I DON'T CARE, I CAN BREATHE. If a placebo can make my nose unclog, then by all means, GIVE ME A PLACEBO. Just...don't tell me that's what it is ;)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
On the other hand, if it is a placebo effect, I DON'T CARE, I CAN BREATHE. If a placebo can make my nose unclog, then by all means, GIVE ME A PLACEBO. Just...don't tell me that's what it is ;)

LOL that's my feeling about the homeopathics I use - DH is all "they're worthless" and I'm all "I don't care WHY they work, but they WORK! Hush!"

Members online

No members online now.